1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

22LR to 22M

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by tonywayne, Aug 24, 2006.

1. tonywayne

tonywayne New Member

I have the new england 22lr sportster ss youth. I was wandering if i could bore the chamber out to acomidate a 22 mag cartrage? Is the bore on a 22 lr the same as the mag? I know the 22lr and 22 mag cartrages r a couple 1000's different in diamiter but i have a 6 shooter that has a 22lr and 22 mag magazine and shoot both rounds out of the same barrel. just want to no if anyone has ever heard of single shoot 22 lr rifles being modifed to fire a mag. Thanks
  2. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

The problem with boring out the chamber is it changes where the firing pin hits the cartrige. Since they're rimfire, it moves the firing pin in towards the center of the case head. Don't know if it'd be enough to make a difference.
  3. rangerruck

rangerruck New Member

i no sure, but contact nef. i think you can send them your action, and just buy another bbl, 22mag, and they fit it for you. All rimfires of a certain model number can do this. Also they make their centerfires to do the same thing. but they all have to be of a certain action/receiver model. also , you can ask them to lighten the trigger, they will do it for free.
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Glad to see you at TFF, tonywayne. :) :) :)

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do.

Attached Files:

5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

The .22LR had a dia. of .224" and has a heeled bullet being the same diameter as the outside of the case. The .22 Mag has a bullet diameter of .223 and is a non-heeled bullet who's diameter is smaller than the case mouth. Accuracy would be sloppy at best.