.22LR - What range is your Zero for hunting?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Kent Detective, Nov 1, 2010.

1. 22shot

22shot New Member

Kent Detective-

One more thing,,,

It doesn't have a lot (if anything) to do with "zero"; but a lot to do with accuracy, If you shoot "prone" or from a rest, they won't make much difference; but for those "off hand" shots, it could mean the difference between a clean kill and a wounded rabbit...

It's a thing called a "trigger shoe": a little item that fastens unto your rifles trigger with little "Allen" set screws.
    It's "ribbed" and ; being wider than the trigger; distributes the "pull" over a wider area. This lessens the chance of you "twisting" the weapon; ever so slightly, when you pull the trigger. It will also seem to "lighten" the effort needed to pull the trigger. Your felt resistance will be a lot less.

These little thngs work; my .22 bolt actions would seem naked without them.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  2. Kent Detective

Kent Detective New Member

Trigger shoe eh? I will do a bit of research and come back on that one. Thanks. :)
  3. EvanB

EvanB New Member

GENTLEMEN! Check out CCI Velocitors and every article you can research. Out of my Ruger 10/22's, target barrels and trigger jobs, I am under a nickle size for 10 shot groups at 70 yards. Between zero and 70, the rise is less than an inch and 3" low at 100 yards. It is a full 40 grain HP and a little hotter than standard .22LR but the case isnt any longer than standard unlike another Hyper Velocity round.
  4. brookes_husband

brookes_husband New Member

This is the best explanation of the .22lr zero that I have ever seen... I have a 3-9x on a Remington 522 and keep it at about 5-6x for zeroing at 75 yards... Kudo's to you for knowing what you are talking about and having the vanishing ability to explain it to others... SSG
  5. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    [​IMG][/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]I gather from your comment about mildot sights you are a scope man, with a scope I do a 50 yard zero, due to old eye balls and a cheap 46 year old single shot gun with iron sights I do 25 yards, Works for me. Can't hardly see a squirrel in the tree's much farther than that and the old iron sighted gun is lighter and easier for this old dinosaur to cart around.
  6. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    How in the dickens can I downsize that image, I didn't mean to put up a billboard.