.25 acp Ortigies when made?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by belercous, Dec 18, 2009.

1. belercous

belercous Former Guest

Well, since I'm already here and because I can't find the exact info I'm looking for on the interweb, can anyone tell me what year my pistol was made?
    It is an Ortigies patent Deutsche Werke 6.35 (.25 acp), s/n 616xx. Has standard crown over "N" proofs on frame, slide & barrel.
    I understand that these were made between the 20's-30's, but is there any way to tell the specific year? Or were the records destroyed in the war as were the Mauser records?
    I am trying to catalog the info on my firearms so that my heirs will know what they have.
    I thank you in advance for any help that you may be able to provide.
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I don't know of any records on that gun or any way to determine when one was made other than between 1921 and 1928. Value tops out at around $250 in nice condition. LNIB will bring more.

Within the same model of gun, year of production does not have much effect on price, although it might have some legal impact, which would probably not be the case with that gun.

Jim