The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

.25 cal. guardian

31K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  gdmoody 
#1 ·
I have a .25 cal. guardian FIE corp. pistol. Does anyone know what type of bullets this gun takes?

#2 ·
I don't know the "Guardian", but an Firearms Import and Export pistol, in 25, should be a little pocket automatic chambered for 25 ACP, also called 25 Auto and 6.35mm Browning.

#4 ·
Well, that little gun is a new one on me. I can find no reference to it. However it should chamber and fire 25 ACP, if it doesn't, then it needs to be tore down to find out why. What are all the markings on it. Unless it was assembled in the U.S. there should be " Made In " on it somewhere. Again, I don't know your expertise on firearms, so I hope I'm not insulting you, but have you field striped it and checked the chamber??

#5 · (Edited)
I am willing to bet that it takes 25NAA ammo, good luck on finding it, not very popular and difficult to locate. You could call North American Arms and see if they have any recommendations. I would call them and give them the serial number, they can probably get you a user manual for it also. NAA makes a variety of decent mouse guns.

http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=25NAA3520 these guys are out of stock currently, but do carry it when available.

Did the .25's you tried drop all the way into the chamber, ie too small? 25NAA is a 32acp necked down to .25; so if you tried the .25acp, the chamber should be too large if it is chambered for the 25NAA.

best advice I could give you is to call NAA and you'll have a definite answer.

#6 ·
to my knowledge NAA .25 is made for one gun only and that is the NAA. no other guns are made to chamber that round. if the gun pictured was made to chamber the naa25 it would be so stamped. i think it's made to chamber the .25 or browning 6.35 ( same ammo) . and if it doesnt work with that it has a problem but a picture of the slide opened up and showing the breech would help . and not sure that gun pictured is worth it but take it to a smith and have it checked out

#7 ·
Yup it is a North American Arms 25. Good shootin little monster if you can find ammo for it. NAA is still in buisness so you might try contacting them to see if they have any suppliers for the ammo. I am not a big fan of a 25 but these things really pack a wallop for such a little guy. 1200 fps or somethin like that.

#8 ·
It can't be a North American, if it's marked FIE. FIE was an importer.

25 NAA is a fairly new cartridge. Only a couple of three years old. FIE went out of business 10 years or more ago.

If it's not a 25 ACP, then I'm guessing it's either a blank pistol or a teargas pistol.

#10 · (Edited)
Hello - This is my first post here - I apologize for bumping this really old thread - but I hope that in some way this information can be used.

I joined the forums because I am searching for information about this same pistol - my father owns one.

I see that you say you used the 25 auto - the problem with his is that they do jam, but only after he has fired a few magazines.

Once he has cleaned it - it only jams about 1 every 25 rounds fired. Not too bad for a firearm that he has had for over 15 years.

He says this is the ammunition that he prefers to fire in his.

I took the image today, but the date on my camera is wrong because I just put new batteries in it :)

He gets it off the shelf at Wal-Mart.

#22 ·
Hello - This is my first post here - I apologize for bumping this really old thread - but I hope that in some way this information can be used.

I joined the forums because I am searching for information about this same pistol - my father owns one.

I see that you say you used the 25 auto - the problem with his is that they do jam, but only after he has fired a few magazines.

Once he has cleaned it - it only jams about 1 every 25 rounds fired. Not too bad for a firearm that he has had for over 15 years.

He says this is the ammunition that he prefers to fire in his.

I took the image today, but the date on my camera is wrong because I just put new batteries in it :)

He gets it off the shelf at Wal-Mart.
You wouldn't know where to get parts for one. I need a firing pin.

#11 ·
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread.

I have a pistol identical to the one in post #3. I need a trigger, trigger return spring, and the link to connect the trigger to the lever that releases the sear. I think everything else is there. Please point to where I can get these parts.

Appreciate any help, thanks.

PS: It is chambered for the .25 ACP (6.35mm Auto)

#12 ·
No apologies needed for bumping old threads, welcome to TFF Bill !

You should be able to find some parts for your G-27 here:

http://www.gun-parts.com/galesi/

Best to call and order.

#18 ·
Well, that little gun is a new one on me. I can find no reference to it. However it should chamber and fire 25 ACP, if it doesn't, then it needs to be tore down to find out why. What are all the markings on it. Unless it was assembled in the U.S. there should be " Made In " on it somewhere. Again, I don't know your expertise on firearms, so I hope I'm not insulting you, but have you field striped it and checked the chamber??
That gun is a naa25guadian. It fires necked down 32 ammo.Can be purchased at NorthAmeranArms

#20 ·
Good Grief folks, that gun is not a NAA Guardian, NOR IS IT CHAMBERED IN in NAA .25. It is a cheap gun sold by FIE and the reason it doesn't work is because it is a cheap gun sold by FIE and it jams. The .25 NAA cartridge is used in only one gun, the North American Arms Guardian, which is a DIFFRENT GUARDIAN THAN THE ONE SHOWN.:eek:

#21 ·
Oh yeah, absolutely, it's NAA. Easy to tell. Looks exactly like it, don't it.

Folks, just because two guns use the same name don't mean they are same gun.

Good Grief, indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.