.270 Win

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Steelerfan55, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Steelerfan55

Steelerfan55 New Member

I'm wondering if anyone has any loads for the .270 using a 150 gr. BTSP. I just ran out of IMR 4350 and am curious if anyone has found a better propellant for this caliber/bullet.
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

First question, how long is your barrel? Second question is what manufactureres bullet were you using? Will help you from there. I have a Remington 270 with 22" barrel that just loves Hodgdon 4831SC and a 140gr bullet!. Its not about a better propellent, but one that your rifle likes!
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2004
  3. Steelerfan55

Steelerfan55 New Member

I have a remington model 760 (pump action)with a 22 inch barrel. I'm using a Sierra 150 gr BTSP. BTW, I read one of your posts about reloading a .22 Long Rifle. Please explain this one.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2004
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

The whole trick to reloading a .22 rimfire is the primer. Take the white tip off of kitchen matches and use distilled water to make a paste. Pour paste in fired 22 case and spin vigorously between your palms to get it under the rim. It helps if you use a pointed object to scrape the former primer out of the case first. Then add powder and bullet. Make sure that the firing pin does not rehit the same spot. Oh, after spinning the primer mix, let air dry!