274 Troops Reportedly Dumped in Virginia Landfill....?????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jlloyd73, Dec 8, 2011.

1. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sickning.
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

Under what possible circumstance, in what bizarre scenario, in the furthest stretchest of someone's imagination, would anyone with a single brain cell at Dover think: "Okay, this is the right thing to do" - ?!?
  4. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

Makes me sick to even think about it.
  5. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

shows what they think of us
  6. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

HEADS SHOULD ROLL......................
  7. Ken W

Ken W Member

Revolting. Proves the we're just a means to an end to the govt. Not people but numbers and statistics.
    "The families of the dead authorized the military to dispose of the remains respectfully and with dignity". I highly doubt their family members being unceremoniously dumped in a filthy trash heap was one of the options on their collective minds when they signed off on that one.
  8. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

on 9/11 they kept every piece of bone fragment with hopes of identifying who they were and now they go and do this to someone who served our country at a huge cost. I agree with everyone above it is sickening!
  9. Juker

Juker New Member

That part confuses me - are they reporting that 274 of our war dead had no families, or families who really didn't care where they were buried? No one wanted to visit, or see a headstone, or pay their respects?
  10. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

My thoughts too........still a BS thing for them to do to our boys and girls.
  11. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You can bet your sweet butts they don't, but...that's gonna change. The public, and family members who have doubt, will keep this alive for a looong time. And that's the way it should be.

It mentioned " ashes " of the deceased. Ashes of the dead in with garbage. Never to be recovered and identified. Do they have a list of those dumped? Or, are they going to tell family members " we're not sure if their loved ones are there "?

Sick.
  12. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Like I said before...."HEADS SHOULD ROLL"....

I don't care if it goes all the way to "W".....someone needs to pay for this crap.
  13. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'm told by my wife, just now ( she's usually right on that:

The military would find remains from military that had been previously destroyed by a bomb of some type. They would perform DNA test on all the pieces of different GI's killed in the blast, and identify them. Family members were notified, burial services performed.

Later, while dealing with more, much smaller body pieces, they would identify more body pieces from someone who had previously been identified and whose family had gone through the process already, hence:

At least, that addresses the major concerns I had. But, a garbage dump doesn't denote respectfully and with dignity.
  14. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

My Father served in 3 branches, and I was Executor for his estate (such as it was).
    I made sure he had a proper burial with full military honors.

That said, I have to ask WHY/HOW on Gods green earth could these families be so calous about their loved ones remains?:eek:

In no way do I condone what was done :mad:; But Dayum people! Yer willing to let complete strangers handle this stuff?:confused:

I don't know which is more disgusting to me.:(
  15. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

The people who did this or knew about it should be sent to Ft. Leavenworth for a very long time!
  16. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

That is just so wrong on so many levels. When I told my wife she said those responsible should be horse whipped to within an inch of their lives. I agree wholeheartedly. And we're talking the men at the top!!!
  17. medalguy

medalguy Member

To be really fair about this, most of the remains have been described as "remains unidentifiable through DNA". That usually means small pieces of tissue that are too badly charred to have any usable DNA. We're not talking about bodies or even identifiable pieces of bodies. We're talking very small pieces of human tissue.

I thought about the part mentioning pieces of personnel already buried, and I think I would not want a small piece of my son returned to me after we had already buried him. I'd hate to be in that position, but I just don't think I would want to go through that twice. What would the family do with a small baggie of ashes? You wouldn't exhume a body to add them to the casket, so what's the solution?

I think the decision to cremate the remains was probably the right one. The failure came when the ashes were turned over to a "contractor" for disposal. This usually means a mortuary but I've not heard who the contractor was. That's where the shortfall happened. Still there's no excuse for this, and I for one would like to know who the contractor was.
  18. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

A pathologist would dispose of medical waste in this manner. The waste being amputations, excised skin, and the likes. They should a higher respect for military remains. What do you do when no one claims the remains? It could be a case of media gone wild again.
  19. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Here we have a tomb set aside for this

the last guys and gal where sailors in a engine room fire

no ID possible , they all went in and there names recorded here

[​IMG]

if no name is known , "Known unto God" is in the place of the name

The governor general and Prime minister are required to visit it and lay a wreath annually

sadly it was built During WW1 and its huge in the Crypt , it would take Armageddon to fill it

this floor plate is the entrance

[​IMG]

but they all have a place of Honour , known , or unknown and our prayers and thanks
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  20. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Jack..............

Now that's respect.