274 Troops Reportedly Dumped in Virginia Landfill....?????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jlloyd73, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

That is just so wrong on so many levels. When I told my wife she said those responsible should be horse whipped to within an inch of their lives. I agree wholeheartedly. And we're talking the men at the top!!!
  2. medalguy

medalguy Member

To be really fair about this, most of the remains have been described as "remains unidentifiable through DNA". That usually means small pieces of tissue that are too badly charred to have any usable DNA. We're not talking about bodies or even identifiable pieces of bodies. We're talking very small pieces of human tissue.

I thought about the part mentioning pieces of personnel already buried, and I think I would not want a small piece of my son returned to me after we had already buried him. I'd hate to be in that position, but I just don't think I would want to go through that twice. What would the family do with a small baggie of ashes? You wouldn't exhume a body to add them to the casket, so what's the solution?

I think the decision to cremate the remains was probably the right one. The failure came when the ashes were turned over to a "contractor" for disposal. This usually means a mortuary but I've not heard who the contractor was. That's where the shortfall happened. Still there's no excuse for this, and I for one would like to know who the contractor was.
  3. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

A pathologist would dispose of medical waste in this manner. The waste being amputations, excised skin, and the likes. They should a higher respect for military remains. What do you do when no one claims the remains? It could be a case of media gone wild again.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Here we have a tomb set aside for this

the last guys and gal where sailors in a engine room fire

no ID possible , they all went in and there names recorded here

[​IMG]

if no name is known , "Known unto God" is in the place of the name

The governor general and Prime minister are required to visit it and lay a wreath annually

sadly it was built During WW1 and its huge in the Crypt , it would take Armageddon to fill it

this floor plate is the entrance

[​IMG]

but they all have a place of Honour , known , or unknown and our prayers and thanks
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  5. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Jack..............

Now that's respect.
  6. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

A large article in the paper this morning about it. It turns out my wife was right. Appears this happened through a contractor three years ago. The article didn't go into what branches were involved. But.. the USAF handled it.

Ut-roh, just discovered my wedding ring is missing. Back later>
  7. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Today

" The air force announced last month that an investigation found gross mismanagement at it's mortuary in Dover, DE., the first stop on American soil for fallen troops coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan. The investigation said that among other problems, small body parts of US troops had been lost on two occasions ".
    -------------------------------------------

This whole investigation began after the Arlington national cemetery mess blew up in the press.

Found my ring inside my pillow case. :confused:
  8. bmpeele

bmpeele New Member

Words cannot describe how angry this makes me.
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

now this may be a bit tough for some folks , if so my apology , but wish to show how simple this all could be ..

we have 3 companies here who make urns , the cremated remains , or part remains , or even group remains , are interned in a urn like these

[​IMG]

big one is for a group , ( 6-8 full sized remains) small for a part remains

and they are placed into your Tomb of the Unknown Soldier or a Crypt in a chapel , how ever you folks decide ..

and there they lay in state until the Trumpets sound , a place of honour , the families may not know exactly who else they are with , but they know they are laid to rest with honour and dignity appropriate to our fallen heroes and among their mates and comrades

seriously folks , how hard is it to get something like this set up ??

maybe a word to your VFW to campaign for so this horrible end NEVER EVER HAPPENS AGAIN

and the really sad part is it is cheap ,

easy to do and simple and everyone understands ..

heck i'll chip in $50 to help out , 100,000 similar donations will BUILD a memorial and Crypt
  10. Bigbill

Bigbill Member

Where all expendable our lives mean nothing.

I never knew there were upper class, middle class and lower class people until recently. I figure the middle class and the lower class people are expendable as long as we protect the upper class. I feel like were the slaves all over again, it hasn't changed for all these many years our lives mean nothing. Its very sad to see our troops get treated like that. Even our hero's who faught for us/country and paid the ultimate price are treated like crap too. We should honor them even more.
    Honor all the vets from all the wars.

Tis the season to give to the salvation army. I give only to the bell ringers because they handed out free cigarettes to our troops in WW2 my dad told me this so i give to the salvation army every christmas i put many dollars in the pot. My dad also said the redcross charged our soldiers for there cigarettes, they get nothing from me. I don't ever give to any other org but the salvation army there track record is awesome. Happy holidays, merry christmas and say aprayer for our troops too. Godbless, Bigbill Tis the season.
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yeah slavos are great folks

sorry for the lousy pic its from a video

next one a WW1 salvo bunker

and today in Afghanistan helping out staff

Attached Files: