2nd Amendment lawyer Alan Gura

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Marlin T, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

2. pickenup

pickenup New Member

What he says about the NRA (for the most part) isn't very flattering.
    The SAF on the other hand......

Comes as NO surprise.
  3. Funtimes

Funtimes New Member

Alan Gura holds nothing back about the NRA; he basically has told them to keep their paws out of his cases.

From a professional standpoint I don't blame, honestly, who could? No one wants another organization to swoop in and take credit. What I did find interesting though is that during this, the NRA was powerful enough to steal some oral argument time from Alan.
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I suspect most lawyers would want any outside organization to "stay out of" their cases. But I have to wonder why pro-gun people are spending time and money fighting the NRA. The NRA is not perfect and they do tend to be more than a little ham-handed at times, but THEY ARE ON OUR SIDE. If it weren't for the NRA we would have long ago been either disarmed entirely or reduced to single-shot shotguns, and those only for the politically correct who could afford the $1000 annual license. (Yes, exactly that was proposed in the 1960s when SAF and the other organizations didn't even exist.)

Jim
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I'm not to sure about that Jim K, the NRA is on legal record as saying,

"YOUR HONOR, WE ARE HERE WANTING TO REGISTER HANDGUNS."

"WE ARE NOT HERE WANTING UNRESTRICTED ACCESS."

"WE'RE NOT HERE ASKING TO CARRY THEM, OTHER THAN IN THE HOME."
    http://keepandbeararms.com/Silveira/Halbrook.asp

The NRA would have my support if they decided not to compromise on a basic RIGHT. But this is not the NRA of today or recent years. Their history shows that they are more than willing to compromise on something when they have no business compromising MY rights away.