2nd amendment paper is finished

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by zkovach, Nov 11, 2010.

1. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Thanks again for your guys help. The bulk of the paper is finished i just have to cite referances and proof read. The websites you gave me were awesome and made writing the paper easy. I even learned a thing or two. By request the Paper is attached. again i am still revising.

Thanks!
    Z

Attached Files:

2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I thought it was a very good paper.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Are you open to critisism Z?

1st of all, I've never found a reliable source to Yamamoto's quote about 'every blade'. While it's a noble idea, You'll need to site a reputable source.

Don't call 'em guns. They're 'firearms'. 'Guns' sounds redneck (not that that's a bad thing). You're not getting any points for that. Handgun is ok, as is shotgun. If you're referring to firearms in 'general', use firearm as the descriptive term.

I won't critique your entire paper, but please check your punctuation.
    Read, read, read... and correct.

It makes a HUGE difference in your presentation.:cool:
  4. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

i saw that yamamotos quote is in question so i may change it to read weather he said it or not to accept the premise. i havent proof read it quite yet but i will. i was interested to see what you guys thought overall. i also used firearms and guns together so i wasnt always repeating one term.
  5. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Z, be aware that you will be critiqued on your usage as well as your repetitions of verbiage.

Try to shorten your arguements and cut out the excess/repepitive stuff.

Keep reading and rereading. You are your best author. Try to filter out the fluff, and focus on the original arguement.

Be succint in your presentation. Present your point with adequate backup and don't let your emotions get in the way.

Lack of logic is the mind killer. Be composed. Be positive. Be correct. Be sure of your sources. Try to write clearly while seeming to be neutral. I know it's tough, but I have the feeling you will do well.

Good luck.:cool:
  6. Jeff Midguard

Jeff Midguard New Member

Pretty good paper. Prepare to be heavily critiqued.
  7. sewerman

sewerman New Member

very good job

sewerman