1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

3-jaw chuck for trimming brass ?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by thomas44, Dec 18, 2011.

1. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

I am currently using the Lee Case Trimmer and Lock Stud setup to trim my rifle brass....

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/476992/lee-case-trimmer-cutter-and-lock-stud

The problem is, when I chuck in a piece of brass, no matter how tight, it either moves or isn't centered exactly right. I don't trim my brass by hand either. I chuck the lock stud and shell holder into a drill. My question is, is there a three jaw chuck I can use that's better at holding the brass centered firmly and might be quicker to chuck the brass with ? Any good solution to this frustrating problem would be appreciated. And btw, I have tried roughing up the surface of the lock stud to prevent the brass from moving so much, but to no avail.
  2. badeyes

badeyes New Member

I also had problems with mine until I played around with it a lot. It sounds like you are not grabbing enough of the rim. Unscrew the thumbwheel until the brass seats far enough in for the 3 jaws to grab the rim. Tighten the jaws firmly and have at it. Good luck.