3 old dug up pistols

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by cwdtx, Feb 24, 2011.

1. cwdtx

cwdtx New Member

can anyone help me identify these pistols?I got them from my father before he passed away and he got them from his great uncle.He had dug them up many years ago from a battlefield I believe in Tennesee. He was always search and digging for old relics,I know that they are probly not worth anything,other than sentimental value but I would like to get them Identified.Thanks for anyones help

Attached Files:

2. desi23

desi23 Member

The one in the middle appears to be a Colt no.3 derringer in 41 rimfire caliber. The other two look like some of the many cheap "suicide specials" that were popular in the late 1800's. Hard to tell much more from the pictures. Is there any writing still readable on them? Possibly better pics of the hard rubber grips might help identifying them. They usually aren't worth much though unlees they are in really good condition. The Colt is in too poor candition and missing parts to have much value except as a decorator.
  3. cwdtx

cwdtx New Member

Thanks Desi, I will try to get better pics,my camera sucks I"ll try to get my wife with her camera to take pics.........I know they arent worth nothing,I had them in a shadow box on the wall the last 10 years and decided to find out what they were............I wished that Colt was in good shape! LOL thanks so much
  4. cwdtx

cwdtx New Member

I found out the first one in the top pic is a Liberty 22 cal.... now I just need to find out about the other on which appears to be a 32 cal. at the bottom of the grips on both sides is 2 flags crossed....any idea what that manufacture that is? as far as the No.3 Colt derringer 41.cal does anyone know approx. year it was made? Thanks Ya"ll