The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

3 round burst

39K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  soundguy 
#1 · (Edited)
Guys, I have a kind of hypothetical question. This is for those of you who know the mechanics of an AR 15 much better than I do and I haven't even yet finished mine.

For the record, before even attempting this, I would get a BATF tax stamp for the rifle.

So, What would I have to do to modify the rifle to have a 3 round burst mode?

I did buy a full auto BCG for it (so now I just need to get an upper in pieces or ready - depends on price and what I find).

I know that some of the lower parts would have to be changed. The very obvious parts that would have to be changed is the switch selector. When I put the lower together the selector only has 2 positions - fire and safe. So, there would have to be a 3rd position for it.

So, what would have to be done technically to modify an AR 15 for a 3 round burst mode?

Military rifles have that option. How is it done?

I state again, I would NEVER make the modification without obtaining a tax stamp for the rifle. I have no desire to break laws and end up in prison with a big, fat, axe murderer behind me.

I simply would like to know technically how this works. It's just my curiosity nature.

Will

Edit to add: I don't even remember all the names of the parts I put into the lower receiver. I remember most of them and as I put it together I learned a lot of new words that pertain to gun workings that I had never even heard of. I'd like to know the difference between the parts that are in the lower now versus the parts that can provide a 3 round burst mode. I bought a full auto BCG on the advice of my FFL friend who is a manufacturer. I know he could explain it to me, but, call me dyslexic or something, I like to read to understand, then see it. I had no idea what a 'detent' was when I started assembling my lower. I didn't know how a part would be 'staked'. Now I do know these things + more.

Thanks guys

See less See more
#31 ·
section 479.105 D and F talk about dealer sample, nad post 86 samples.. but don't mention pre 86 samples.

Additionally, it talks about inportation restriction on C&R classified guns as sales samples.

boy this is confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.