3 (very different) handguns...

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tlwmsu, Jul 8, 2006.

1. tlwmsu

tlwmsu New Member

We found these guns a couple of years ago in my grandparent's house when the house was being cleaned out to sell. My mom does not want them, and gave them to me. I'm thinking of keeping one (bet you'll guess which), but would like to know the value of all three. I did some "Google" research, but couldn't find much. All should be dated I would think at least 30-40 years ago. OK, here goes...

1. Rigarmi Brescia .25 caliber? This is a very small automatic gun that has a white grip and engraving all over it. Number on the left side of the barrel : 66989.
    2. Smith&Wesson 38 Special...I just realized I'm not sure how to measure gun barrel length. I think it is 4"? Serial number on the bottom of the gun is : 178899
    3. High Standard .22 caliber "SENTINEL" on the barrel. 2" barrel? 9 shot. White hand grip. Numbers R-103, then below 1623145 on the right side of the gun.

I'll probably shell out the $30 to S&W for the history on that one, but any estimates on the value of all three would be appreciated. I've had one person tell me I should keep the .22 9 shooter for my truck (instead of my 1 year old Ruger .357 Mag), in case the truck gets broken into. I still like having that Ruger with me though...any opinions on that? :)

I am attaching pictures, too if that will be more helpful.

Thanks to all.

Attached Files:

2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Your Smith is a Hand Ejector 1905 4th change 4" $200 +
  3. Green

Green New Member

Why not just keep all three?? :)
  4. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

They are all good guns. The Rigarmi is pretty. The S&W is classic. The Sentinel is a great plinker.
    Bill
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Have you fired any of them? If not, have a qualified Gunsmith check them out for safety factors before firing them.
  6. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome TLWMSU
    I would keep the Ruger as a defense gun It will slow a man down a lot quicker
  7. tlwmsu

tlwmsu New Member

I plan on doing that; thanks for that input, though. These guns have not been fired in AT LEAST 30 years (probably more.)
  8. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi tlwmsu.....welcome to TFF. :)

Your High Standard is a Sentinel Snub. In nickle finish, the Blue Book values it at:

98% - $175
    95% - $150
    90% - $120
    80% - $110
    70% - $95

Your Rigarmi was made by Rino Galesi sometime between 1947 and 1956. It's based on the 1910 Browning design. According to the Standard Catalog of Firearms, it's value is:

Exc. - $350
    V.G. - $175
    Good - $100
  9. tlwmsu

tlwmsu New Member

Thanks for the replies everybody. My mom emailed me and said she found another pistol that was my dad's, that she does not want, either...so, I'll probably be seeking info on that one soon, as well. My dad has Parkinson's with a little dementia thrown in, so she is handling their household nowadays, and she's not real big on having guns, so she's giving them to me.
  10. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Your dad had good taste in guns. I would keep all 4.
    Bill