3 year old shot himself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BETH, Mar 28, 2012.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

in Tacoma Wash mother left her 3 year old in car as she went in store the 3 year old picked up her gun that was under the seat and shot himself, she was arrested.
  2. H-D

H-D Active Member

3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Serves her ass right. She violated 2 major no-nos in my book. First and most importantly she left a loaded weapon unsecured in an area where a child could gain access. And secondly and just about as severe she left a toddler age child unattended in a vehicle.

Some lines just shouldnt be crossed and that woman deserves whatever the law can get her for.
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

yes she did its a shame the kid had to suffer for her mistakes
  5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!
  6. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

:yeahthat: Any reports on the condition of the child?
  7. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

She should be charged with manslaughter at the very least and be stripped of all of her parental and legal rights after doing some time in the can. I hope they throw the book at her.
  9. howlnmad

Damn! Stories of the loss of an innocent child just tear at my heart. Even more so when it's at the hands of irresponsible adults.

Somebody needs to get a rope.
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The real sad part is some bottom feeding attorney will help her be declared mentally incompetent to stand trial and she will get away with it.
  11. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Nah, they will go for the grieving parent sympathy card.......but I think she is toast on this one. One more "bullet" in the anti-gun folks "gun".;)
  12. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

It sucks that the kid is dead. But I don't believe a 3-year-old has a big enough hand to shoot a gun. A 9mm automatic? I call BS.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
  13. AzRedneck

AzRedneck New Member

Who in their right mind shows off a pistol to a 3 year old child as a toy? The story says that the dad? Was allowing the 3 year old to handle the gun until another adult said something. I hope that this haunts both of them until they take their last breaths. I have a young daughter and could never imagine allowing her to play with a gun as if it were a toy. This is a perfect exapmle for why some people should have to take a test to breed. Just my opinion.....
  14. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

I have a 3 year old daughter and can't imagine leaving he alone for more than a moment because she is always into trouble. My brain can't even get around leaving a 3 year old unsupervised around a loaded gun! :banghead:
  15. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

First off, this is a sad story. And I dont agree that "it serves her right" for leaving the kid with a loaded gun in the car. While this was a monumental mistake, it was a horrific mistake that led to the death of a 3 yr old child and the mother must be sick out of her mind. Who knows the whole story. Could it be that her husband or boyfriend left the gun there and she didnt know it was there? I mean I am not making any excuses, you should know these things and make sure of these things but its possible she didnt even know. Its a horrible situation and I hate it for everyone involved. If she knew the gun was in the car, she will have to be charged. But, she has got to be sick out of her mind for being so stupid.
  16. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I can agree with that. it is just one angle, but the fact of the matter is she still left the child unattended.
  17. howlnmad

DoubleD,
    The article says that the man, even tho he had a permit to carry, left the gun with the woman so as not to alarm anyone. While pumping gas, the 3 yr old released himself and went to the front and asked the mother for candy. She put the gun under the seat and left the kids unattended to go for candy.
  18. Guts3d

Guts3d Active Member

When all is said and done at the end of the day, there is still one less innocent child in the world and we are all poorer for that. Perhaps that kid would have grown up and cured cancer. We will never know.
  19. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

I cannot even begin to imagine the type, and depth of grief these people must be feeling. It's very easy to sit here now and point out how stupid, irresponsible, and preventable this was. It was a stupid thing to do, and it was bad judgement, but we have all done stupid things in our lives, some worse than this, with or without guns. Most all of the time, stupidity or bad judgement allows us to learn a valuable life lesson, usually with little or no damage to ourselves or those around us. But everyonce in a while, someone gets handed a lesson that comes with a severity that most of us will never know, that far exceeds the usual.

I don't think I could send her to jail just because all the stars were lined up during her stupid mistake.
    I can't help but feel compassion for these people, and hope they can somehow survive this in time.

We all make mistakes in our lives, fortunately we don't have to go to prison everytime we make one, at least not yet.

I will pray for this family and their lost son.

Tom
  20. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

The question is was it just a stupid mistake or negligence?

If it is shown to be negligence then she needs to be punished.

Is it just a stupid mistake when these parents leave their kids in locked cars while the windows are rolled up.....in 100 degree weather?