1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

30-06 HXP Brass

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by dbach, Dec 3, 2011.

1. dbach

dbach Member

I have a question. The 30-06 HXP Brass I have states that it is crimped. I see three very small dots surrounding the primers. There is a single flash hole under the primer. I have deprimed them and reprimed them with no trouble at all, just as you would any other piece of brass.

Are these military crimps? and is it safe to reprime them and reuse as any other brass.
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

If you've had no problems priming them, then you're fine. If you run into a problem seating a primer, the staked crimps are easy to remove with a deburr tool or even primer pocket brush will do the job. They're generally not as "crimped" as a ring crimp.

Yes, the HXP brass is good brass for reloading.
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Yeah, what the worm guy said. :p
  4. medalguy

medalguy Member

I've reloaded quite a bit of HXP brass and I found the crimps to be very minimal if there at all. Most cases I don't even bother to swage, so you're good to go. This is excellent brass by the way and it should last you for a good many reloadings.