30-06 Surplus ammo, best deal?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by woodsrunner, Jan 15, 2005.

1. woodsrunner

woodsrunner New Member

Looks like I'm getting me a Garand shooter in a trade deal. I see Korean M-2 ball ammo on clips for sale. Is this stuff any good ? Or should I shop elsewhere?

Cost is a factor, but, I prefer quality first. As a secondary consideration, I prefer boxer primed so I can reload the brass. Non-corrsive would be nice, but, not a deal breaker. I would prefer to buy at least some on clips to get a stash of new ones built up.

What's the best deal out there?
  2. MPinkston

MPinkston New Member

I haven't checked in a while, but the CMP had a good deal on garand ammo in enbloc clips or not. Lost my favorites but just search on the Civilian Marksmanship Program and you'll find it.
  3. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    I got a flier in the mail two days ago from www.cheaperthandirt.com and they had tons of surplus ammo listed. You might check them out.

John
  4. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

The Korean stuff is good. But be advised that if it's headstamped KA, it's corrosive. If it's headstamped PS, it's non-corrosive. Usually the KA stuff comes on clips and the PS stuff comes in boxes.

I ordered a bunch a while back from Aim, and happened to get about half and half. All were on Garand clips, in green bandoliers.