30 Carbine Ammo for my M1

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by dbltap, Feb 3, 2010.

1. dbltap

dbltap New Member

Looking for plinking ammo for my M1. I don't want Wolf but am looking at Aguila. Anyone ever use it and did it work okay?
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Aguila ammo seems to be OK, at least what I have used, but I have not used their .30 Carbine.

Now, allow me to express a pet peeve. To those of us who carried them, the term "M1" alone means only one rifle, the M1 Rifle or what newbies call the Garand. If one meant the carbine, the term was "carbine." Only if there was some need to be specific about an M1 Carbine vs an M2 Carbine would anyone use the terms "M1 Carbine" or "M2 Carbine", but a carbine was never called an M1.

Jim
  3. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

I shot a couple hundred rounds of Aguilla with no problems. The brass reloads well also
  4. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    I have several cases of Aquila and have shot several in my 2. It is good ammo, a bit dirty but these days it is the best you can get that is affordable and easy to get IMHO. I like the reloadable brass of it and the fact it is consistant in it's factory loading. I know my Winchester carbine loves it as does my Inland Paratrooper.
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I know the CMP sells the Aquila carbine ammo, or at least they did, they are all sold out now.
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

While I agree that saying "M1" brings a picture of the Garand to mind, saying "the carbine" is as helpful as saying "the pistol", "the shotgun" or "the car". Carbines were around for centuries before the M1, and are still being made today. "M1 Carbine" is very helpful in figuring out just which carbine you are speaking of.

Also, the shooting world speaks of the "Trapdoor", but that is technically the 1873. We speak of the "Springfield", but that is the 1903. We speak of the Krag, but that is technically the 1892. I don't believe I've ever heard anyone call their .45 a "pistol, self-loading, caliber 45, Model 1911A1". And many, many, many of us say Garand. Newbie my Aunt Mathilda.
  7. docwalt

docwalt New Member

I know of someone who has 1954 production Rock Island. About 100 rds.,
    with stripper clips and 4 mags.