30 Luger value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by RJD, Dec 12, 2009.

1. RJD

RJD New Member

I have a 30 Lugar, a little light pitting on the barrel, mag probably is a replacement, it's marked Germany in English. Wondering what a ball park value might be.

Thanks, Bob

Attached Files:

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

One picture that would help greatly would be the top of the receiver. There would be the maker's mark and, probably, the year made. Proof marks are from between 1912 and 1939. The U under the crown is "Inspected". The N under the crown is "Nitro" (smokeless powder) The "Germany", in English, means it was made for export to an English speaking country, not for sale in Germany itself.
  3. RJD

RJD New Member

It is a DWM and there is no date on the top. "Germany" is on the back below the sight ( I have another that says "Made in Germany" on the right side of the frame). The numbers on the outside of the gun all match.
  4. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

The condition of your Luger puts it in the shooter class. .30 caliber Lugers are less in demand than the 9mm. variety, since the .30 ammo is much more expensive and somewhat harder to find. Your .30 shooter is worth about $550. In 9mm. it would have been worth about $700.
  5. RJD

RJD New Member

Thank you, glad to have a general idea of it's value in case I want to sell it, and looking forward to putting a few rounds through it. :)