300 WSM in a handgun

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/3/02 8:10:54 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All

300 WSM in a handgun
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Savage is now cambering the Savage Striker in 300WSM

I know mine in .308 has a bark to it. I wonder what that one is like.

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/3/02 8:16:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 300 WSM in a handgun
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I suspect that it is one heck of a flamethrower and no more powerful than a 308 in a handgun.
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum
    To err is human. But to really screw things up you just about have to have a computer.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/4/02 4:51:00 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: 300 WSM in a handgun
    They said in a recent article I read that the downrange ballistics are about identical to a .308 fired from a long rifle barrel.

My .308 will make yer ears bleed with the muzzle brake open. I suppose that .300 would make everything else bleed.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (8/4/02 5:58:32 pm)
    It could knock you off the shooting bench. Lots of buck and roar.

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/4/02 10:13:56 pm)
    I will just stick with my XP100 in 708 remington that I have had for 20 years.It launchers a 140 grain soft point at a chrongraphed 2600 fps with 40 grains of WW748. It does everything I need or want it to do.
    To err is human. But to really screw things up you just about have to have a computer.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/4/02 10:30:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

ahh jeeper you should trade that in for a Savage Striker and have a 3 shooter instead of a 1 shooter.

And the bolt is on the correct side too

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/4/02 10:51:19 pm)
    If it was a lefthanded rifle the handle would be on the correct side. I am left handed and prefer the handle of my XP where it is.I had it built for IHMSA pistol silhouete competition. Didn't need or want more than one shot in it, besides the trigger link is in the way of a magazine.

Edited by: jeeper1 at: 8/5/02 3:09:28 am

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/4/02 10:57:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/5/02 2:11:24 am)
    Where's the iron sights on that thing?

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/5/02 10:35:41 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Don't need em, you direct the bullet with yer brain waves.

or a nice scope

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/5/02 11:27:20 am)
    Now I know that I will stick with my XP. I could never hit anything with that one.

Edited by: jeeper1 at: 8/5/02 12:29:06 pm

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/5/02 11:28:45 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Po'k chop!
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

hotload
    (8/16/02 10:02:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del 300 WSM
    I own a 300 WSM rifle. It is a very good shooter. But the recoil is tough. I am in the process of changing the stock to a boyds thumbhole laminated wood stock. I dont think I want any part of that caliber in a pistol.

dcs cuz
    (12/19/02 3:43:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 300 WSM
    I agree with hotload, the recoil and muzzle blast is stiff enough from a rifle .... WEEWW no way am I touching off a round in a pistol

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/19/02 5:18:15 pm)
    Hi dcs cuz.....Welcome to TFF.

I just can't wait until somebody comes out with a derringer in .458 Winchester.

Ballistic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/20/02 9:32:24 am)
    its just a copy of the Lone Eagle pistol... the lone eagle comes in about 15 different calibers up to .444 marlin

buckweat
    (12/24/02 12:30:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del 300 wsm
    i want one of those bad boys..

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/24/02 10:44:29 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: 300 wsm

Quote:
    its just a copy of the Lone Eagle pistol... the lone eagle comes in about 15 different calibers up to .444 marlin

Not at all, It is a Savage rifle action with a short barrel and set in a pistol stock. It holds three rounds and is bolt action. The bolt handle is on the left, this enable a right handed pistol shooter to rapidly work the action to cycle the next round.

The Lone Eagel is no longer made. It was a single shot pistol. Looks nothing like the Savage.

The Savage is similiar to the old Remington XP's except it cures the problem with the bolt on the wrong side and it offers more than one shot.

Don't blame yourself or anyone else for your mistakes or the downfalls of the USA. BLAME PRESIDENT BUSH.

IShootBack
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/7/03 7:57:37 pm)
    My hand hurts just thinking about it
    ISB
    Guns cause crime, like spoons made Rosie fat