The Firearms Forum banner

308 reloading

510 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  howlnmad 
#1 ·
Using match casing for reloading but have a hard time ejecting the casing after firing so should I reduce the amount of powder That is recommended for that round?

#3 ·
If you are having trouble extracting fired cases, there are a number of factors to consider. The cases themselves, how you process them (sizing, trimming); the propellant (type of propellant, charge wieght), all of this based on the data from your reloading manual. Further, the rifle you are useing, itself, may be a factor.

To really get a good answer, what rifle are you having this problem with? What is the load you are useing, and which manual did you get your data from?

An example I can give you is an experiance I had with my M1A. I load lots of M80 ball duplicate ammuniton for it, and I honestly can't say that I get much better performance with Match M118 ammunition than I get with my M80 loads. I did have, about 15 years ago, an instance where I was given a couple of hundred CAVIM once fired cases. This brass - maybe it was just the lot I was given - was extremely HARD brass and I had several failures to extract, even though the same exact bullets and load (type and charge wieght) had proven 100% reliable before and after this lot. I sorted out and pitched every CAVIM case.

#4 ·
What powder, charge weight and manual are you using. Like gdmoody said. What does your manual say?

You very well could have a hot load that's over expanding your case or a tight chamber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.