310 cal

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dannie, Jan 2, 2010.

1. dannie

dannie New Member

this is made by b.s.a. on the left side of the drop block ,commonwealth of australia on the right matching ser.nos barrel /block 370** and n.s.w.17.922, and a kangaroo on the top of the block. it has not been altered stock and forearm are in nice cond.slight wear on blueing .the sling holders are missing i would like to know what it is and value and can i get ammo for it thks for any help dan also top of barrel has 310 12-130
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Martini .310 Cadet
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

You wont find any 310 Greener Ammo at Wal Mart but you might be able to order it; it is still in use overseas. Cases can be made from 32-20 brass but if it was mine I would re barrel it to 22 Hornet. A number of these were made for the Australian government as Cadet rifles and were imported by the thousands after WWII. You don't see many on the market because most people who have one, keep it. Has a very good reputation as a accurate rifle.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

You wont find any 310 Greener Ammo at Wal Mart but you might be able to order it; it is still in use overseas. Cases can be made from 32-20 brass but if it was mine I would re barrel it to 22 Hornet. A number of these were made for the Australian government as Cadet rifles and were imported by the thousands after WWII. You don't see many on the market because most people who have one, keep it. Has a very good reputation as a accurate rifle. As for value, they are listed at 450 in excellent condition and unaltered.
  5. old jeff

old jeff New Member

Dannie

Ammo is available. Just a little expensive. Plus you have to pay the hazmat fee for shipping.

Your best bet is to reload because it will really cut your costs.
    Buffalo Arms has everything you will need to roll your own, or if you are not interested in reloading you can buy loaded 310's. If you speak with Dave Gullo you will be in very good hands. Caution: The bullet is a 'healed bullet' design-learn what that means. A hint is the typical 22 rimfire long rifle- it's a healed bullet design. Parts are not commonly available, but they are out there.

They are at http://www.buffaloarms.com/about.htm

If you have an unaltered Cadet, you are lucky that was issued to New South Wales. You probably have some marks on the buttstock that will date the rifle, example: 9-11 means Sept, 1911. Don't mess it up. They are worth better than $500 in original condition.

Want to learn more?
    Go here http://www.martinihenry.com/links.htm