1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

.32 ACP in Nagant Revolver

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/26/01 9:22:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All .32 ACP in Nagant Revolver
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thinking of ordering one of those replacement cylinders from Century for my new Nagant...but I had a guy at a gun show this weekend advise against it. He said since there is no real forcing cone on the Nagant barrel, I will screw it up quickly firing the .32 in it...

Was he BSing me? He seemed like a know-it-all jerk. (Takes one to know one, I know, I know! )

Has anybody fired .32 ACP through their Nagants with those replacement cylinders? How's it work?

At $24.95/50, I plan on getting only ONE box for limited shooting, and then to display 14 rounds with the gun in the ammo pouch on the holster.

But I havta be able to shoot my guns or they are gone...the .32 ACP seems like just the answer...
    Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/27/01 4:07:41 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: .32 ACP in Nagant Revolver
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Nagant revolver only costs about $75 for a pristine one, and I'm sure it'll shoot plenty of lead .32's before any wear is evident. I know that I wouldn't put enough miles on a Nagant revolver to ever wear it out!

I just took my Nagant apart and looked at the barrel, there sure is a tapered part that seems so close to a forcing cone that the pipsqueak .32 Colt rounds wouldn't know the difference!

polishshooter
    (8/27/01 9:39:28 pm)
    Can you buy factory lead .32s or is it strictly a handload deal...

I only see FMJ in the cheap stuff.

Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/28/01 4:04:56 pm)
    Actually, I have never looked for lead in .32ACP, so I really can't say. A check around on ammo selling sites should answer the question.

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/28/01 4:31:27 pm)
    Hey Polishshooter
    A couple of months ago Midway had a set of dies (Lee?) for sale that made Nagant brass out of (if I remember right) 32 H&R and the set up was pretty inexpensive I'll look around and see if I can find that catalog

Nagant pimp, "Ay comrade, you want to pump a few rounds through my virgin pistole?"

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/28/01 7:11:58 pm)
    I never thought of trying to recreate the original Nagant rounds, that's a pretty neat idea!

tccox
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/28/01 8:24:23 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del 32 acp/nagant
    Polish, et al,
    I have shot the 32acp thru my Nagant with no problems. I have not really checked for accuracy with any loads in the gun but it appears about par with any cheap militay gun. I have also shot 32 Colt thru the regular cylinder with no problems. The brass does expand a little but I have never had one to crack.

There is a poster on GB (JONK) who loads for this round and he uses 32-20 brass. I haven't tried it since I have dies for 32acp.

Midway has hard cast 90g in 32 but I have not tried them yet. Tom

polishshooter
    (8/28/01 10:08:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 32 acp/nagant
    You know, I have a Midway catalogue somewheres, and I remember something about it now...something about sizing the lead bullets to fit inside the case if I remember....

Xracer
    (8/30/01 8:03:04 am)
    For handloading, you can use .32-20 brass trimmed to size. The bullet is 115 gr. cast in Lyman mold # 31144166 and sized to 0.295. The recommended load is 3.0 gr. of Bullseye......this will give you a MV of 800 fps and 165 lb. of ME.

Should be good enough for plinking....or playing "Shoot The Czar".

"So, Anastasia, what did you do after the Revolution?"

polishshooter
    (8/30/01 8:52:12 am)
    I prefer to think MY Russian Crap was used by the Brave Polish Resistance to play "Shoot the Commie."

I also found Nagant Brass available from Midway, and dies.

Is the Fiochi Nagant ammo that's available boxer ot berdan?

Ammo Guy Paul
    (8/13/02 3:56:27 pm)
    32 ACP!? That's a little cartridge for girly-men or Brownies right? But seriously folks if you’re converting to something, convert to something with a little PUNCH! Like 7.62x25 Tokarev. Here is the address of the 7.62 Nagant to 7.62x25 cylinder conversion. DAW Firearms, 12400 Blue Ridge Grand View, Grand View, Missouri 64030. When I had it done it cost $50.00. I tested some Bulgarian ammo through it and a CZ 52 for comparison. The CZ chronographed at about 1680 fps. The converted Nagant chronographed at 1150 fps. Recoil felt like a .38 SPL. Comfortable to shoot. I wonder if the cylinder could be adjusted to rock forward further??

The Ammo Guy

“Aim small, miss small.”

jonkx
    (8/16/02 6:50:36 pm)
    Sized to .295? Wow! My bore slugs to .312! I generally shoot .313 or .314 cast lead out of it. I have also used .311 with good accuracy, though they were prone to falling into the case. I used 32-20 brass in mine though am going to try the .32 HR mag.