1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

.32 ACP

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Maximilian II, May 25, 2009.

1. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Hello! I'm new here, hope I'm not treading over ground that's already been covered elsewhere in this forum.

Recently I bought a little Hungarian .32 ACP. It's some kind of Makarov/Walther copy. I got it pretty cheap and really enjoy shooting it. Matter of fact I can't keep ammo.

This is my first .32. Any input on the caliber or gun will be appreciated, whether fact or opinion.

I don't usually carry weapons, and it's not my primary home defense weapon.
    It's a fun pocket sized pistol for dropping into a pocket when on my own property, and when I don't want to tote a big heavy firearm.

Thanks!
  2. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

sounds like an FEG pistol. I have one and it is a blast to shoot. A little more kick than a 22lr and of course a little more expensive to keep fed. The 32acp actually has pretty good ballistics considering size. I have a small collection of 32 pistols that make great plinkers and great for starting new or young shooters to the sport. Defensive ammo is available but in most cases there a much better choices for a defensive pistol.
    I just use mine for plinking but I bet it would make a great raccoon gun for around the farm.
  3. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!
  4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

use a good round like a cor-bon or winchester silver tip and the 32 acp will do just fine. you'll be told a 32 isn't big enough . but the fact is yes it is if you do your part. it's all about shot placement.
  5. The .32 has its place. I doubt anyone would argue that it is among the best man stoppers available, but with good ammo and good shot placement, it will get the job done. The biggest advantage of the .32 is the pistols it is usually chambered in, compact, light, and easily concealed. I only own one pistol in .32--a Beretta Tomcat--but that comes in handy when I need something for deep concealment.
  6. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

I like my Walther, obviously in .32. The only reason I don't use it a lot is the cost of the ammo and the fact that it was not easy to get. This was before this ammo thing started. I like the way the gun handles and shoots.
  7. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

and nothing wrong with the walther..... fine gun , i've ever felt out-gunned while carrying a 32 . i've used the beretta tomcat, the seecamp, the walther pp and a colt pocket model oh and a naa 32 auto
  8. Popwood

Popwood New Member

My latest acquisition is a Beretta Tomcat. I plan to carry it on the premise that for most uses it will be sufficient. I have put 50 rounds through it so far, and it has been surprisingly accurate for a small gun. Plus, it is not hard to carry and conceal in summer clothing.

I believe wholeheartedly that it will deter most attackers.

Popwood
  9. S&W-4me

S&W-4me New Member

I also carry a Beretta Tomcat when I can't conceal a larger gun. As far as a .32 being enough,..... I don't know about you, but I don't think anyone likes to leak :)
  10. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

I have been considering getting the wife one, let me know how well it handles as she has smaller hands than most.
  11. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Thanks for the welcome, and for the input!
    Your posts tend to echo my own thoughts as I bought the little thing. If I were to need it in a defensive situation, I figure it's better than the .44 I had to leave at home for concealability issues. I've never been shot, but it has to suck worse than being clubbed, punched, kicked, burned, or cut. Those do all suck.

I can't speak for the Beretta but I do love the way this little FEG (P7 I think? Something like that?) shoots. The grips are large enough to hold firmly, but not with the hand-filling bulk of even a medium size auto. I have mid-size hands for a man (8 1/2-9 glove), and I'm sure most women could easily grip the FEG. Recoil is just enough to let you know you've touched one off, similar to a few .22LR's I've fired, really.

Since I value my (ex-cop) wife's opinion, I'll post it for fun. She has been the biggest critic so far. I handed it to her proudly and told her how fun it was, and how surprised I was with the accuracy. She handed it back and said "I hope you didn't pay much for that."
    Luckily, I didn't!