.32 Advice

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by mcw120566, Mar 5, 2010.

1. mcw120566

mcw120566 New Member

I recently purchased a Kel Tec P32 auto. for my wife, she liked it in the store, and she likes the Cal., but isnt fond of the gun, she claims it to be too small for her to be comfortable with, and with out being comfortable, she wont shoot it!!

Can anyone give any advice on a reliable mid size .32? She doesn't want full size, but the P32 is just too compact......

Any Ideas???

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  2. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

One of my favorite 32's is the CZ70. They are not all that expensive and with new mag and recoil springs they work flawlessly. If money is not a concern the Walther PPK/s in 32 is a fine pistol and even the Beretta 82 comes in 32 for a larger frame.
  3. GBertolet

GBertolet Member

I remember recently reading in a gun magazine, the name escapes me for now, that the CZ 83 was the highest quality and most accurate by far, of all the 32 acp autos tested for the article. It grouped well under 1 inch at 10 yards with all 3 factory loads tested and a tad over 2 inches at 25 yards. It's all steel and has an ambi safety, and retails under $500. Not a bad choice considering it holds 15 rounds in the magazine to boot! I'll look for the article. Found it! Guns and Ammo May 2009.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  4. retired grunt

retired grunt New Member

Just a side note my Kel tec can really smack the firing hand fingers if not strongly gripped. Making it unpleasant to shoot.
  5. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    chk out some of the taurus pistols,but make sure she is with you.i hate to agree with her but if it dont feel good it wont shoot good.i also would look into a 380 acp.ammo is cheaper and much more available.recoil you probably wouldnt know the difference. old semperfi
  6. mcw120566

mcw120566 New Member

Thanks for the info so far, I will start looking into some of these. As far as .380's go, here in Florida, the ammo is almost non existant, and when you do find it, it runs as much as the .45 ammo. That was a large part of the decision to lean toward the .32 from the begining.

I wish money was not an object, but unfortunatly, thats not the case, I will have to limmit my decisions to under 400.00 if at all possible. I would think that I could find something for that money.

Thanks again
  7. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Just get the extension magazine from Keltec.
  8. mcw120566

mcw120566 New Member

Bill,
    I purchased an extra 7 round mag and a 10 round mag with extension on day one, if you look at the photo, neither one has been opened. If were just a bit "meatier" (dont know if I speled that right) she would be fine with the lenght of the grip. She has a few guns, and the Kel Tec is by far the smallest, like I said, it felt fine in the store........She loves her P22 size, if I could find that size or a bit smaller in a .32, she would be happy.........she thinks.
  9. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Try one of the Hogue slip-on grips, or a piece of inner tube over the grip.
  10. mcw120566

mcw120566 New Member

Bill,
    Had not thought of that, I will try that before I spen any more money on another gun!!
    I will let you know the out come.
    Thanks you again to everyone for their advice.
  11. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I was going to suggest!

Try it - you'll find it makes a difference. I have the p-32 and very large hands, so that little bit extra around the grip makes a difference.
  12. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Walther now makes a .380 based on the P22. I know that .380 ammo is more expensive and harder to find, but if that's what fits her hand...
  13. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Look at the 9x18 Makarov, inexpensive, reliable and enough power to protect her. It may recoil more than a 22 or a 32 but the Mak's have enough weight to absorb some of the recoil. Find a range that rents them out and have her try one. To me a 32 for self protection isn't enough. Even an SP101 loads with 38 Spl's standard velocity is better than all of the above.
  14. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Or just get a Ruger LCR in .38 +P or similar. They're in the $400 range.
  15. gazzmann

gazzmann New Member

Colt 1903 pocket?
    Wife loves hers.