32 colt revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by busdrivingman, Sep 24, 2006.

1. busdrivingman

busdrivingman New Member

About this revolver, I would say it has a 2 in. barrel, on the right side it has the number's 4681 under the celinder. it also has the number 29 in front of the celinder and to the left of that is something like a crest with an R under it. It also has the number 67 on the hammer...
  2. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Are you sure it's made by Colt? The crest with an R underneath doesn't sound like anything that I can find in my (small) library referring to Colt. Is it chambered in .32 Colt? Or some other .32 caliber cartridge? I found one revolver made between 1892 and 1907 called the Model 1892 "New Army and Navy" -- Civilian Model that might fit the description with a 3" barrel. It looks like the hard rubber grips would have a rampant Colt near the top of the grips.

If you can send pictures as an attachment, email me. I'll send a private message with my email address.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Busdrivingman......welcome to TFF! :)

If it's a Colt, it will say so on the barrel.

Please list all of the writing on the revolver, exactly as it's written.

I agree with John.....we're probably going to need some pictures to identify this one.
  4. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

BDM sent me pics. As promised, here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

That ain't no Colt. Looks like a British Bulldog to me.
  6. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the crown over the R looks like the one belgium used as their smokeless powder proof mark. if it is truly marked 32 colt it was meant to be exported to the u.s.a. if it is marked 320 it was meant for the european market.
    bill
  7. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

WW nailed it. It's a British Bulldog.....or a Belgian copy of one.

http://guns.connect.fi/gow/QA14.html

It appears to be a Belgian copy, but Crown over the "R" is a Birmingham Reproof mark which was placed on repaired guns requiring a reproof. Perhaps that was faked too.
  8. busdrivingman

busdrivingman New Member

Thanks for the info . All I know was that it used 32 shorts and I was told they thought it was a colt.... So thanks again.....

R.P.