1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

.32 rimfire rifle barrel Deringer

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jeff_m, Apr 24, 2012.

1. jeff_m

jeff_m New Member

[​IMG]On the side of the barrel it says "Manufactured at the Deringer Rifle & Pistol Works, Philadelphia, Pa" On the top of the barrel, between the sight and the hammer, it says "Deringer Philadelphia". It belonged to my great-grandfather who lived from 1850-1912. There is no serial number visible anywhere. Does anyone know the approximate date manufactured and/or value?
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

Made between 1870-1880 by company owned by Henry Deringer's son. This type gun was quite common in the late 19th century--rimfire, spur trigger, rosewood birdshead grips. Unless the name Deringer brings a premium, I'd wager the value is in the $125-$175range. Henry Deringer pistols of the single shot variety and design that John Wilkes Booth used to asassinate Lincoln are quite valuable and can demand a couple grand.
  3. jeff_m

jeff_m New Member

Thanks - do you know if there is a serial number anywhere - maybe hidden someplace I haven't looked?
  4. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Flayderman states an estimated 4,000 made ca. 1874-1879 and that the serial number is on the grip frame (probably under the grips). He lists value range of $150 to $375.