33 cal understriker boot pistol value?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by beanpole, Jul 22, 2012.

1. beanpole

beanpole New Member

I have a 33 cal understriker boot pistol. It has cherry wood grips, brass band around grip, part octagon, round barrel. It is inscribed, A.J.Thrasher, Stanford, Conn. I looked it up at the local library back in the 1960's and it stated that it was sold as a companion gun to a shotgun for $7.00 and at the time it was approximately 125 years old. At the time being very ignorant about old guns, I even got some .33 cal balls, patches and black powder and shot it once. Smoke and flames came out of the barrel and scared the s__t out of me. I purchased it from my barber and he was given it by a man that found it in the attic of a home on the east coast when doing construction work. Any help with value for selling it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Files:

• 035.jpg
      035.jpg
      File size:
      117.3 KB
      Views:
    • 039.jpg
      039.jpg
      File size:
      121.7 KB
      Views:
    • 043.jpg
      043.jpg
      File size:
      108.6 KB
      Views:
    • 045.jpg
      045.jpg
      File size:
      204.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  3. beanpole

beanpole New Member

Thank you so much for the response. You are right I am sure about the spelling of the gun maker and the city etc. The pistol is packed away and I was trying to remember from memory. I will get the pistol out today and have my wife take pictures of it and put it on here. I am a new member so can you give me any tips to pass on to my wife about how to go about putting them on? Thanks again!
  4. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

She should use the Macro camera setting, preferably in natural light.

To post the pics, click on Go Advanced and then select the paper clip icon, to find and upload the pics.
  5. beanpole

beanpole New Member

HRF: Thank you for responding. The digital camera we have is an old one and my wife and I have tried taking pictures of 3 different weapons that I want to list but they don't turn out very clear. I did go to the other "above" A. Thresher site and mine is just like that one except that my hammer is not broken and my trigger is different...just a straight little one and my serial number is 138 and the number 3 was double stamped and my wood grip/handle is better shape and the metal is not all pitted as is that one. Also on the left side of the octagon barrel it says ...Cast Steel. The metal on top around the name is all engraved. The little blade site on the front looks like it may be brass. We are going to review the pictures we took and if we have to we will take the guns to a local photographer.
  6. beanpole

beanpole New Member

I posted pictures of the 33 cal understriker marked A Thresher, on my original post but I do not know how to update them so people can see them as new posts?
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

you'll have to add them below you can only attach 4 pics here in each post but as many posts in the thread as you need , if the pic's are hosted elsewhere you can add as many as you wish in each post

cheers
  8. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

A nice clean gun that appears all original and complete.

Based on the value range Flayderman lists it should fall at least in the $800 to $1000 area.
  9. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Just for clarification it is a Under hammer, not under striker :)