338 win mag 250 accubond bullet loads

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by desert rat, May 6, 2009.

1. desert rat

desert rat New Member

I picked up some 250 grain accubonds for my 338 win mag the ather day and am having a difficult time finding load data for this bullet . Has anyone had any experience with this bullet yet and would share any data they have . Thanks
  2. army mp

army mp Member

This has been said in many ways Its not that guys don’t want to share loads. Its just you do not know who is giving the information out. And most reloaders would never use a load that someone post on a Web, site. If you go out to a couple of the powder company’s, or up grade your manuals, you should be able to find the load you are looking for. I have loaded Ammo for 40 years but every couple years I get a couple new books. You almost have to so you can keep up with the latest powders and bullets.
  3. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

MP's right. you really do want to have the manual that goes with the bullets you buy. I have a Nosler manual at home but I'm at work now. I'll check later for you unless someone helps you before that.
  4. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

Oh yeah
    Welcome to the forum Rat.
  5. muddober

muddober Active Member

I load 72 grains of IMR 4350 behind a 250 grain Sierra. It is right there on pressure in my gun but it is accurate. I would suggest you start at about 68 grains and go from there. The Sierra book I have shows a max load of of 70.2 grains so I am 1.8 grains over that. My Speer book shows 69 grains as max behind their 250 Grand Slam. My P.O. Ackley book does not show a 4350 loading for the 250 grain bullet but does show 69 grains of 4350 for 275 grain bullet.

I hope that helps.

Ron
    Last edited: May 9, 2009