1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

357 deer load

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by albrosm, Apr 29, 2005.

1. albrosm

albrosm New Member

i'm looking for a good load to hunt deer with my 357 gp 100. any sugestion on a load or two would help
  2. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    Remington makes a hunting load with a 180 gr. hard-cast flat nose bullet that sounds like a winner.
  3. ryan_marine

ryan_marine New Member

This is just a load that I through together for my relover but you might try it if you want. I sujest that you start light though. I have found out that a case full (aprox 9.5gr) of greendot works well for the 125gr hornady XTP round. At least in my Dan & Wesson. The reason I use greendot is that I have so much left from loading shotgun shells.

Ray
  4. oldhunter

oldhunter New Member

If you are going to use a .357 mag, I would recommend Buffalo Bore Heavy ammo. 180 gr. LFN-GC rated at 1400 fps & ME of 783. Cost about $21.00 per box of 20. Use only in steel, not alloy revolvers.

Although I did shoot a large doe with a .357 several years ago, switched to T/C Encore in 7mm-08 for my handgun of choice for deer 4 years ago. This has all the punch needed at any reasonable range you desire.

oldhunter