The Firearms Forum banner

357 ruger blackhawk

Tags
ruger
4K views 46 replies 8 participants last post by  REPEATER 
#1 ·
managed to come across # 235 type 1 blackhawk in PERFECT condition. anyone have a clue on the value? I also have a model 1866 .32 cal. colt repeater and a winchester model 62A pump action .22 im trying to dig up info on. anyone?

#2 ·
I'm assuming you mean a Ruger Blackhawk, Old Model, serial number 235; a Winchester Model 62A; and would need more information on the Colt to determine what you have.

You would need to post good clear, preferably non-cellphone pictures so we can get an idea of the condition of the guns.

#8 · (Edited)
Repeater: If you have the pictures anywhere in your computer go to "Go Advanced" it will give you a prompt to "Manage Attachments" that will give you a smaller box with a browse window, click that and it will allow you to browse to where you have your pictures. Once you find the picture double click on it and it will take you back to the small box and click "upload" and wait. You don't need photo bucket.

Ron

#9 ·
I just got done taking them. but with a nikon D90, nothings that simple. I got a few I took, including a few extra goodies for everyone. gimme a short while to convert from the ps3 to the laptop and ill upload them

#22 · (Edited)
As you can see, I have many guns and swords to go through, and oil down before they go back in a closet for 30 more years. Along with WWI and Korean war Items. Hope everyone enjoys the pictures and can teach me the history of these guns.

#23 ·
That "1866 Colt 32" is an 1873 Winchester, 32 Winchester Central Fire, also called 32/20 Winchester.

#26 ·
I understand where you got 1866 from. The patent dates. The actual mechanism of the gun was patented in 1860. It was for the 1860 Henry rifle, which was chambered for the fairly puny 44 Henry Rimfire, and looked like this.

Notice there is no opening on the side to load the cartridges through. It loaded from the muzzle end, like 22 rifles still do. Had a bronze frame.

Then in 1866 they patented the "King's Loading Gate", and brought out the 1866 Winchester. Notice the loading gate on the side, and it now has a wooden forearm, so you don't burn your hand on the hot barrel. Still made out of bronze, though, and still in 44 Henry rimfire.

What you have is the 1873, which looks like the 1866, but it is now made with an iron (later steel) frame, instead of bronze, and is chambered in stronger cartridges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.