1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

357 Sig a worthwhile caliber?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Pistolenschutze, Nov 24, 2005.

1. What do you folks think about the 357 Sig? I have a Glock 33 in that caliber which, of course, allows me to substitute a .40 S&W barrel for the 357 and go on about my business. I'm trying to decide whether to leave the .40 barrel in (which effectively makes the pistol a G27), or stay with the 357. The ballistics on the 357 Sig are impressive . . . sort of a 9mm on steroids, and from what I have read, its becoming a popular round with some police departments and government agencies. I'd very much like to hear your opinions about it as a carry caliber.
  2. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

Is it a worthwhile caliber? Sure since it's the same caliber as a .357 magnum, .38 special and 9mm, it's a pretty broad based readily available and popular caliber.

Is it a worthwhile cartridge? Hmmm, well what can it do that the .40 can't? If both are usable in the same gun with just a bbl swap, maybe it would be fun, but having shot the .357 Sig (P239) I just didn't feel it was any better than the .40. For me it would come down to which I could shoot more accuaratly.
  3. larry1096

larry1096 New Member

Convert a large frame Glock to 9x23 if you want the same ballistics with better capacity and reloadability.

Or just buy a .38 Super and (depending on the gun) respring it to shoot the 9x23.

Best thing since sliced bread, IMHO...

Larry