357 Sig a worthwhile caliber?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Pistolenschutze, Nov 24, 2005.

1. What do you folks think about the 357 Sig? I have a Glock 33 in that caliber which, of course, allows me to substitute a .40 S&W barrel for the 357 and go on about my business. I'm trying to decide whether to leave the .40 barrel in (which effectively makes the pistol a G27), or stay with the 357. The ballistics on the 357 Sig are impressive . . . sort of a 9mm on steroids, and from what I have read, its becoming a popular round with some police departments and government agencies. I'd very much like to hear your opinions about it as a carry caliber.
  2. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

Is it a worthwhile caliber? Sure since it's the same caliber as a .357 magnum, .38 special and 9mm, it's a pretty broad based readily available and popular caliber.

Is it a worthwhile cartridge? Hmmm, well what can it do that the .40 can't? If both are usable in the same gun with just a bbl swap, maybe it would be fun, but having shot the .357 Sig (P239) I just didn't feel it was any better than the .40. For me it would come down to which I could shoot more accuaratly.
  3. larry1096

larry1096 New Member

Convert a large frame Glock to 9x23 if you want the same ballistics with better capacity and reloadability.

Or just buy a .38 Super and (depending on the gun) respring it to shoot the 9x23.

Best thing since sliced bread, IMHO...

Larry