357 sig or 10mm

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by guns4life, May 8, 2010.

1. guns4life

guns4life New Member

what would be the more available ammo to get 357 sig or 10mm
  2. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that .357 sig is easier and cheaper to get.

Although, I wouldn't go with either of those calibers. I'd go with .40 or .45
  3. guns4life

guns4life New Member

already got both an xd in a sub compact .40 cal and a few 1911 45s but wanting something easy to carry with a lot of punch maybe a glock or a kimber or a sig
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I see 10mm on the shelf in most gun shops I go to. I see .357 SIG in all gun shops and most mass retail (Walmart, etc.) stores. The .357 SIG is far more available.
  5. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

Ah yes, great advice from Mr. Adams. And great beer! :)
  6. hurley

hurley New Member

i have the glock 33 in 357 and like it a lot, the extension for your little finger helps,wally world runs out off ammo for it but the more expensive stores seem to have it in stock
  7. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

10mm would be easier to reload; especially if you already reload the 40's.

357sig is going to be the easier to find on the shelf though.
  8. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

The 10MM was dead as soon as the FBI wusses found they could not handle the recoil. Ammo is hard to find and getting harder all the time and very expensive.
    The 357 sig is soon to follow as it has not caught on with LEOs in any great numbers.
    The 40 and 45 are still king and will be for the foreseeable future.
    Can't go wrong with either and ammo is plentiful for both at about the same price. Both are easy to reload and the components are available. There are several bullet weights in both calibers so you can load for your physical stature and needs. (personalized loads)
    Also both are available by nearly every manufacture in existence.
    Since LA swat began using the 1911 style of firearms and having their pictures plastered in every magazine on the shelf, many departments around the country have begun issuing them again and if not they are allowing their officers to carry if they wish.
    UF
  9. guns4life

guns4life New Member

what got me to thinking about this was the attempted robbery of a eating establishment in my hometown. The owner and his nephew were shooting .40 cal and one a 9mm. After it was over and they opened back up i went to eat there to show my support and noticed that the glass facing the parking lot had sustained several bullet impacts and stopped some of them cold in their tracks .If I ever have to use a handgun in self defense and have to shoot through something to save my life or the life of a family member i want to make sure i get penetration it was very eye opening to see what thick glass can do to a bullet. Considering changing my carry weapon to a 10mm 357 sig or magnum revolver or maybe even a 44 . guns4life