.357Sig?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by RIPBiker13, Mar 2, 2008.

1. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    El Paso, Texas
    I've heard rumors from some people I work with (I'm a firearms instructor) the the 357sig was cracking the frames of the weapons that were being used to fire it. I was told about 20k rnds and the frames were cracking. Even the Sig Sauer which was DESIGNED to take that round. I find this hard to believe that the round is destroying the weapons. Has anyone else heard this?

Personally I shoot .40 out of my Sig and I shoot my revolvers but I'm going to be getting another Sig in a couple months and have been debating between another .40 or .357

Thanks for any advice you might have. :)

2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Indiana
    I know the 10mm will sometimes crack frames, so I'm not terribly surprised by this. It's just a very powerful round.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008

3. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    El Paso, Texas
    Hadn't heard that about the 10mm but I'm not entirely surprised with that. Thanks for the info. I'll continue to look into this still however. :D

I think I'll stick to the .40 in my Sigs and use my S&Ws for the .357 power.

4. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Goldsboro, NC
    I have heard of it happening, but not witnessed it, my friend shoots them from his glock and has had no issues