358 Winchester is gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gabob, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

Ron said our hunting club was the best place he ever lived. He requested to be cremated and his ashes scattered around the club hunting grounds. There will probably be a lot of toots and poots and unusual smells heard and smelled by the hunters in the future.
  2. Willie

Willie Active Member

3. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

Prayers sent from here.
  4. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

CUTHBERT GATHERING 2011 ++++CANCELED +++++

After discussing with GABJ and Hardball we have decided to cancel the Gathering this year. Ron's death has put a damper on everything. In addition he did all the planning and work involved with the event. BJ and I are not physically able to do all the preparations necessary and Hardball works all the time and does not have the time to handle it. It just would not be the same without our Master of Ceremonies and his wit and foolishness. We enjoyed the last three very much and maybe in the future we can host some more. Anyone in the area please feel free to drop in and vist anytime. We would love to see all of you.

Could this be a sticky?
  5. Mrs. DCD

Mrs. DCD New Member

On a beautiful little farm high up on a hill.
    Just popped in to see what was happening, and saw the sad news. What a wonderful man, and he will be missed. He is in God's hands now. RIP
  6. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I read this a few days ago and did not really know how to respond. I have been praying for Carla, the family, and that his soul is at rest with the Lord.

I know the forum has lost some might fine people in recent years... But as a still relative newcomer who comes in and out of activity here, Ron was one of the few "oldtimers" I really felt like I knew.

He will definitely be missed, not just by family and friends, but his friends here on TFF!
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

His wit and candor will be missed, along with his taste for 'diverse' foods. :(
  8. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

We had a drink to the great memories and stories from Ron, 358 will forever be an inspiration and example of what character and human nature should be.
  9. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

My condolences goes out to all the family and friends as well as prayers sent, sad news.
  10. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I never met Ron in person, but I feel like I know him from our conversations here. I liked Ron a lot.

Heavenly Father, I ask today that you would wrap your arms around the family and friends of Ron, who was loved by so many here on earth.
    Comfort each of us, father, as we watch Ron leave us and pass through that veil that we all will pass through at some point.
    We know he is there with you right now, Lord, and we thank you for that assurance.
    I pray, Father, that each one that knows this man would also know you as their savior, so this separation will only be for a time, until we greet him once more on the other side.
    And I ask all these things in the name of Jesus the Christ, the Comforter.
  11. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

12. ampaterry

Re: Link to 358winchesters Obituary

Thank you for posting that, Sam.

Folks here might want to know there is a guest book link at that obituary location as well, where they can leave comments.
  13. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Here's a copy of the Obit:

SereniCare Funeral Home

[​IMG] [SIZE=+2]Ronald Eugene Lee[/SIZE]
    (Died April 5, 2011)

[​IMG] Ronald Eugene Lee, 55, of Pensacola, Florida passed away Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at the University of Utah Medical Facility in Salt Lake City, Utah. Born in Marianna, Florida, he resided most of his life in the Pensacola area.

At the age of 17 he joined the United States Army. After his service in the Army, he returned to the States where he worked in the oil fields, seafood business and finished his career as a Merchant Seaman Chief Engineer and traveled all over the world.

He dedicated countless hours after retirement to the Escambia River Muzzle Loaders Club serving as the President, promoting the shooting sport, holding a fundraising event for the troops overseas, and held the position as President of the Fred Ball Sportsman Club in the Cuthbert, Georgia area.

Ron was one of the funniest, smartest, most charismatic men anyone had the opportunity to meet. He will be missed by many.

Preceded in his death was his father, Olvin Wade Lee. Survivors include Wife Carla Anne Wilson Lee; Mother, Polly Lee; Brother, Jimmy Wade Lee; Sons, Ronald Wade Lee and Kevin Lofton with Daughter-in-laws Brandy Lynn Lee and Allison Dawn Lofton; Grandchildren, Devon Alan Oliver, Noah Wade Lee, Braiden Alexander Lee, Talon W. D. Lofton.

Funeral services will be held at a later date with family and friends in Cuthbert, Georgia where Ron enjoyed his time the most.
  14. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I tried signing the quest-book twice and the message never appeared despite giving me the thank you for signing note after I clicked to add.

I have no idea what is happening, only that they never showed up..... :(
  15. ampaterry

There was quite a delay on mine, then an e-mail telling me it had been posted.