36 assault rifles and pistols stolen, $5000 reward

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mjp28, Sep 27, 2012.

1. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

36 assault rifles and pistols stolen, great, more gangstas' out there running around with major firepower. The two black men were caught on camers, nowhere on the building did it say it was an FFL store. $5000 reward

Federal agents and local police are asking for the public’s help in identifying two men caught on security camera stealing an arsenal from a gun dealer on Youngstown’s South Side.

The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction of the two people responsible for breaking into the High Powered Armory, 2500 Market St., and stealing 36 guns.

Shortly after 8 a.m. Sunday, thieves broke in through a sheet-metal roof in the back of the building at AAA Customs auto repair shop on Market street, which also houses the armory.

"As law enforcement and public safety, obviously we have a heightened sense of concern about this," said Youngstown Police Chief Rod Foley.

The suspects got away with 36 guns, which was a combination of assault rifles as well as hand guns.

"These individuals who took these firearms are most likely going to try to turn these firearms over very quickly out there to make money off of them," Foley said.

Youngstown police and the ATF are worried about the guns getting into the wrong hands. They are asking for the public's help to get those weapons off the streets.

"In the area of this particular part of town, I'm very concerned that some of our gang members or drug traffickers could get access to these guns and continue the violence that's been shed over the last few years out there. So, we wanna make sure we get them off the street as fast as we can," Foley said.

“Having investigated similar cases in the past, we know stolen firearms are used in furtherance of drug- and gang-related activities and are utilized by violent criminals to perpetrate additional crimes,” said Robin Shoemaker, ATF Special Agent in Charge of the Columbus Field Division.

Authorities are describing the men in a surveillance photo released Wednesday as "persons of interest."

Anyone with information is asked to call the ATF crime gun hotline at 1-800-ATF-GUNS (1-800-283-4867) or the Youngstown Police Department at (330) 747-7911. The ATF hotline is toll free and callers may remain anonymous.
  2. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

The latest trend with these gangstas' is just to take a high powered assult weapon and plaster a car or house.

Recently one of these low lifes shot up an apartment building because he was mad....killed a kid in his bunk bed.

Now more gangstas' with more big weapons out there.

Pitiful.
  3. piglatinhater

piglatinhater Member

4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
  5. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I bet their going to have alot of fun plinking with them :rolleyes:
  6. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

OMG they took firearms without the proper paperwork? Do they not know that is illegal??
  7. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

it's against the law, there's no possible way they could have gotten them! hahaha

We need to make a new law to stop such crimes!

more likely to get caught with those long guns though, hope they don't use 'em before that.
  8. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

Authorities are describing the men in a surveillance photo released Wednesday as "persons of interest."

uhhhh, ya think?

I think the word is 'suspects' until they get convicted. or turds, whichever. Maybe they will get shot by the very guns they stole and are likely selling!
  9. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

They had to know this stuff was stored there. I don't think this was a gun shop but a storage area for a gun shop.
  10. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Guaranteed! You cut a hole through a roof and drop smack dab in the middle of GUNS R' US! And yes they sold guns there, NO advertizing on the building at all.

The video was grainy, two black dudes wearing hoodies.

I just would hate to see this be linked to another bloody massacre....and the anti-gunners go crazy on it.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  11. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

UPDATE - Two juveniles in custody, one accomplice and 37 guns still at large.

If you saw the video you could tell they were no pros! Just kind of wandering around and they did NOT cover their faces, just hoodies. D'UH.

Amazing how good the cops can be and how stupid most bad guys are.
  12. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Some times it's the other way around.
  13. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

thought it was 36 guns? or did they just forget to mention the 37th in the original theft report?
  14. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I'd bet money that not a single one of the stolen firearms was a true "assault rifle." If any one of them is an "assault rifle" and was not locked in a vault (properly secured) then BATFE is going to come down on the owner/operators of that shop with a big club.

Pops
  15. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Yeah I guess we wait until it's over or a gun SN turns up on some of the guns somewhere.

Juveniles, geezzzz.