1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

.36 caliber double barrel pistol cap & ball

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by sctman800, Aug 12, 2006.

1. sctman800

sctman800 New Member

At least that is what I believe it to be. I am not able to post pictures so I will do my best to describe it. There is nothing marked on the gun anywhere I can find that would give a manufacturer or model number. There is however a serial no. stamped on the bottom of the butt; 0013xxx. The barrels are in an over/under configuration and after you fire the top barrel the hammer can be put at half-cock and the barrel assy rotated 180deg to fire the other. When the barrel rotation reaches 90deg it will pull foreward about 1/2 of an inch allowing you to place the caps on the nipples in the rear of each barrel. The barrel assemblies are about 3 3/8 inch long. The grips are plastic pearl looking material with each side being held on with a seperate screw. There is no trigger guard, the trigger pops foreward from the frame when it is cocked. The barrels are smooth bore.
    That is about all I know to tell about the gun, except that for as old as it looks to me it appears in pretty good shape. I really don't know if I would want to shoot it or not. I guess if it is not anything with any real value I might try, after having it checked by a gunsmith to make sure it is safe.
    Thanks in advance, Jim.
  2. sctman800

sctman800 New Member

I got it, Dixie gun works sold them as kits for around $100. I have never fired a black powder gun in my life, never really had any intrest but now that I have one I will get things together and try it out. Jim.