38 ammo

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Chief AFD, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Chief AFD

Chief AFD New Member

Does anyone make 38 S&W or 38 Colt. I have a fine tight 38 Colt
    that would make a good shooter if I could find ammo.
    Thanks
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I can't get to my books right now, but I think you can cut down .38 special cases for that. Somebody here will set me straight if not. :D

Pops
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2003
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Starline makes 38 S&W brass. I know it is hard to find loaded ammo. Maybe it might point you in the direction of loading your own. A set of 38 dies and you can reload 38 S&W, 38 Special and 357 Mag.
  4. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

I have dies for that .38 S&W caliber and reload it too. Inplanotx once generously sent me a box of 50 and still got 'em. It is an easy one to load for, but you can still buy ammo for them.

My local gunshop 20 miles away has them, he even has some .32 shorts and .32 regulars.

I shoot them out of a neat old Railway Express clerks gun, a Police Positive 38 S&W four inch barrel with wood checkered grips.

Had to bend the front sight in a vise a tad to get it to hit bang on at 25 yards, it shot a little to the right.

Gunguy