.38 caliber black powder ammo

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by rosen789, Jul 4, 2009.

1. rosen789

rosen789 New Member

i have a old iver johnson revolver in a very good condition it is a 2nd model so i know it is only for black powder catridge pressure ammo only i am going to start to load my own black powder .38 caliber bullets but in the mean time i would like to know if this type of bullet is available for purchase not the smokeless ammo but the black powder catridge pressure ammo only. or is loading my own black powder catridges my only option to get ammunition for this old revolver:confused: i heard from another source that getting black powder ammo is hard to find or to buy.:confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  2. jondar

jondar New Member

Yes, it's available, not plentiful. Google "black powder cartridges". There are a few custom loading companies. Expensive. I e-mailed one company for some BP .455 Webley rounds, they replied "box of 50 is $75.00 + S&H. This is enough to buy a complete basic reloading outfit plus the powder. But there are people who simply do not wish to reload and will pay this kind of price to shoot their guns. I can't remember the name of the company I contacted.