38 Special?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by steve4102, Jan 2, 2012.

1. mikld

mikld Active Member

oops...
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  2. Diamondback

Diamondback Well-Known Member

My favorite home defence load is 3 to 4 grs of Bullseye or Unique under 2 .36 lead balls swaged to .357. The recoil is minimal, penetration is 1 to 1 1/2 milk jugs filled with water. The 2 balls hit between 1/2" and 2" at 7 yds giving you 2 chances to stop someone. They also work pretty good on squirrel and rabbit at close range.
  3. medalguy

medalguy Member

Just thinking about that pink gun and home defense. Suppose you actually DID have an intruder, and you DID shoot him with a pink gun. Would you really tell the cops it was a pink gun, or switch it out for something more.....well......manly? :eek: :rolleyes:
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Load her up some HBWCs over IMR trailboss Steve. Let her practice to her hearts content and for her defense ammo, factory loaded 130 gr +p goldensabers
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Nope.. Id stand over the baddie with a camera yelling "ha ha, you shot by a girl, with a pink gun. ha ha"..
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thats a crosseyes cup and saucer hold.. Soooo starsky and hutch!
  7. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

:eek: :lmao2:
  8. oldpapps

oldpapps New Member

When I was in the business new recruits would get hired and they would be sent to me to get them street ready, with weapons not hand to hand.

Sweet little girls would pump out round after round of Department issue ammunition, yet linebacker sized men would cringe with wadcutters out of 6 inch 'N' frames.

It is all a matter of starting with something that the new shooter isn't afraid of and working up. I had a S&W Model 18 and would feed it 22 shorts to get some started.

Water under the bridge.

OSOK