The Firearms Forum banner

380 Auto PHD ammo ballistic test

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  carver 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, just made a short video showing the ballistics of the 380 Auto PHD ammunition made by Cutting Edge Bullets. As always hope you guys enjoy the video and leave a comment!

#2 ·
Excellent video as usual!

The penetration and expansion isn't what I would expect from a .380 auto. I'm going to have to look for some of this ammo for my Sig P238 BUG.

As it stands now with conventional personal defense ammo in .380 i'm afraid it won't penetrate so I carry FMJ in it. That'll change if I can find this stuff.

Reactions: CampingJosh
#5 ·
Thanks for the comments

[QUOTWalter ngtiger85, post: 1252617, member: 31472"]How do you like that Walther PPK.I been getting a itch for a 380 pistol and I don't ever know why! Nice video,it look's a little windy that day.[/QUOTE]

The Walther PPK is actually pretty nice. Accurate too, shots are dead on. Ive only been using it for the past month but it has grown on me a bit.

#6 ·
Great video, Grizz, as always! If I may make a request... Have you tried this testing with any .243 Win rounds? I'd love to see the video if you have.

The reason I ask is that I know a lady who has a coyote problem, and she owns a nice Remington .243. I've loaded her some 70 gr TNT HP ammo, but she's afraid to use it. Like any good, responsible shooter, she worries about the neighbors, a 1/4 mile away, and she should - it's flat land where she lives. But she's a deadshot - if there's a coyote in her sight picture, she will hit it, no matter what the range. I'm terribly jealous of her ability...

The TNT bullets are advertised to explode on penetration, causing maximum damage without exiting the varmint. I'm assuming that, if she should miss, the bullet would immediately fragment into harmless bits the moment it struck the rocky ground here in the desert. But I can't prove it.

Have you tested this bullet type? Even some other caliber would be helpful...

#9 ·
Good video Grizz! Getting thru the denim, the 7" of ballistics gel, and another 6-8" of water, puts that bullet above the minimum penetration of the FBI's 12" minimum, doesn't reach their max penetration, but it's only a .380! Not bad at all! Now I just have to find some!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.