Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by TheGunClinger, Jan 24, 2010.

1. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Got tired of trying to find .380 so I bit the Bullet:cool: and ordered all the components I need, I think. I have the Lee Pro 1000 press.
    I ordered the
    Lee carbide die set
    shellplate #4
    a progressive press small case slider
    progressive press small case feeder
    500 rounds of bullets (a bitch to find) shoulda got a 1000:(

I already have enough brass. Does anyone know what else I need? Any help will be appreciated.
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    yes,you will need a set of calipers to gauge over all cartridge length,a good reloading manual,i prefere lyman.a way to trim cases,i use a cheap lee in a power drill,a case champer,this also i purchased from lee,and eventually a case polisher.this you can also use a lee case holder, a drill and 0000 steel wool.this is just the beginning but will dif get you going.i think later you may want to buy a powder scale,either balance beam or electronic.it all depends on how far you want to go. old semperfi
  3. rocklinskier

rocklinskier New Member

Powder, and a bullet puller for any mistakes
  4. TheGunClinger

Sorry guys, I should have said in the beginning that I have all of the above mentioned equipment and load .38 .357 .45acp .44 mag and .50 AE. I just needed whatever I need for the .380. I listed what I bought for my Lee machine and need to know what if anything else I may have missed. You all know how it is to get started on your project and discover that you lack one stupid part. I DO appreciate your input though!
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  5. res45

res45 New Member

6. TheGunClinger

I tried in vain yesterday to get those (Midway) in my shopping cart but it would go only as far as pick a quanity and then nothing. Midway' site can be such a pain to use. I did order some from Natchess Shooters supply.
  7. TheGunClinger

Mistakes???Whats a mistake? kidding. look at my bench on the left and in the jar, next to the hammer, is this weeks mistakes.:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010