1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by TheGunClinger, Jan 24, 2010.

1. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Got tired of trying to find .380 so I bit the Bullet:cool: and ordered all the components I need, I think. I have the Lee Pro 1000 press.
    I ordered the
    Lee carbide die set
    shellplate #4
    a progressive press small case slider
    progressive press small case feeder
    500 rounds of bullets (a bitch to find) shoulda got a 1000:(

I already have enough brass. Does anyone know what else I need? Any help will be appreciated.
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    yes,you will need a set of calipers to gauge over all cartridge length,a good reloading manual,i prefere lyman.a way to trim cases,i use a cheap lee in a power drill,a case champer,this also i purchased from lee,and eventually a case polisher.this you can also use a lee case holder, a drill and 0000 steel wool.this is just the beginning but will dif get you going.i think later you may want to buy a powder scale,either balance beam or electronic.it all depends on how far you want to go. old semperfi
  3. rocklinskier

rocklinskier New Member

Powder, and a bullet puller for any mistakes
  4. TheGunClinger

Sorry guys, I should have said in the beginning that I have all of the above mentioned equipment and load .38 .357 .45acp .44 mag and .50 AE. I just needed whatever I need for the .380. I listed what I bought for my Lee machine and need to know what if anything else I may have missed. You all know how it is to get started on your project and discover that you lack one stupid part. I DO appreciate your input though!
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  5. res45

res45 Member

6. TheGunClinger

I tried in vain yesterday to get those (Midway) in my shopping cart but it would go only as far as pick a quanity and then nothing. Midway' site can be such a pain to use. I did order some from Natchess Shooters supply.
  7. TheGunClinger

Mistakes???Whats a mistake? kidding. look at my bench on the left and in the jar, next to the hammer, is this weeks mistakes.:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010