Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by jddog, Feb 15, 2011.

1. jddog

jddog New Member

what is your opinion of of a mouser hsc 380 in very good shape:
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The original Mauser Hsc in .32 ACP seem to work very well. However when they jumped the caliber to .380 for the American market they seem to have become troublesome. It is very difficult to have them feed properly with anything but FMJ and even then they will jam quite frequently. They are or were last being made in Italy under the Gamba name ( under license from Mauser )
  3. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

Tough review. Both of mine work perfectly on FMJ but one does not like large hole HP rounds. I do prefer the Taurus PT58 to my Mausers when dealing in those size of pistols.
  4. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I had one that I bought new back in the early 70's. It came with two barrels, one in .32 acp and another in .380 acp. Nothing was required to convert between the two calibers but to swap out the barrels. The magazine would hold either caliber. The thing seemed like a really solid well bulilt little gun, but it was a terrible jam-o-matic. I used only ball ammunition and tried several different brands without success. I finally gave up on it and traded it for a Beretta Model 84 back in the late 80's. The Beretta is perfect in every way, so I don't miss the Mauser at all.

The WWII versions of the HsC made in the '30's & '40's are suppossed to be better quality and are more reliable.