.380s feeding HP ammo

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by CampingJosh, Oct 8, 2008.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Josh, I now understand... :D My .380 Bersa stays by our bed just for my wife as she also has some issues with recoil and has very small hands. Now, if I had unlimited resources I'd have a .410 pump shotgun over there for her instead of the .380 but we're all constrained. She keeps a S&W 642 as her concealed carry weapon, loaded with low-recoil Federal Hydrashoks in 115 Gr. JHP. It is very similar in balistics, and maybe even more flexible in application than the .380.. It's something to consider...
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  2. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

For what it's worth.....a PPK/s has enough weight to absorb a noticeable amount of recoil. Also, the trigger mechanism is well designed, very smooth, and a vast amount better than tiny striker-fired pistols. All together it makes a very compact weapon that shoots almost on par with full size pistols.
  3. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

I am a big 380 and 9x18 fan. I have many 380 pistols, most clones of the Walther ppk/s by interarms. I carry my walther ppk/s as my ccw pistol and us speer hollow points in it without any concern of feeding. My walther will feed any 380 I have put in it and the accuracy is just fabulous. The wife uses the bersa in 380 and loves it. We have never had any issues with the pistol and the price is very easy to take.
  4. AngelDeville

AngelDeville New Member

get the kel-tec.... and powerball ammo, but mine feeds gold-dots and hydra-shocks just fine.

[​IMG]
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Angel,
    Do you put that in a front or back pocket?
  6. AngelDeville

AngelDeville New Member

7. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

That's what I figured. It's a really nice setup, and that's probably what I'm going to go with. I'll just have to start getting used to keeping my wallet in my other back pocket.