38rf Bacon Navy revolver, 3rd model

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by 45Auto, Sep 2, 2011.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

This is a long shot, but what the heck:

I need to make an ejector rod for the 3rd model Bacon Navy revolver. This is a big spur trigger revolver from the Civil War era, chambered for 38 rim fire.

The 3rd model had a swing out cylinder, but it used a removeable pin under the barrel to push out empty shells.

I need to make an ejector pin. I'd like to see images of an original Bacon pin so that I can make a correct replacement.

While I have found images of the 1st and 2nd model Bacon on-line, I have not found any images of the pin used in the 3rd model.

Thank you.
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

From pictures, the rod in the 3rd model looks like the one from the 2nd model. The head shape looks to be the same and if there is a difference in the way it is held in, that should be easy to figure out. I would get the head and diameter right, then figure out how it is held.

This is one of those situations that can confound a restorer. When a gun is so rare, making a part will involve some guesswork as there is no original to copy. On the other hand, the gun is so rare that any minor differences are likely to go unnoticed because there are few originals around for comparison.

Jim