4 barrel flintlock pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mike3420, Dec 30, 2009.

1. mike3420

mike3420 New Member

Can anyone help me with this? I have had this in my gun case for years now.

Attached Files:

2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

It is hard to assess the age of such a thing, but it was most certainly not "Made in England", nor did it pass the Birmingham Nitro Proof test. I suspect it is one of the many fake "Arabian" guns turned out in relatively recent years in the middle east, more for sale to tourists than as any kind of serious weapon. It is hard to tell from the pictures if it is actually capable of being fired, but many of those guns have locks that are decorative rather than functional.

Jim
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  3. mike3420

mike3420 New Member

I have taken it to a few gun shows. I have been told that it can be fired, But I do not want to be the one to try it out...
  4. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

I have to go along with Jim on this one. (First time I've ever seen a nitro proof (BNP) on a flintlock.:eek:)

Dean
  5. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

A very future oriented proof house, perhaps?
  6. mike3420

mike3420 New Member

Trust me where I got this there isn't any tourism
  7. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

Someplace in the sandbox?? (ends in 'stan?)
  8. mike3420

mike3420 New Member

a stan possibly
  9. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

That's where a lot of things like this are made. They're not necessarily sold locally, but exported to tourist areas.
  10. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Hi, Mike,

Before the Russian invasion and then the Taliban/Al Qaeda, there was a fair amount of tourist business in the Afghanistan-Khyber Pass area. And there still are a lot of people running around that territory with money wanting to buy novelties and souvenirs. Not tourists - American and allied troops and contractors.

As far as old style guns being made to sell as novelties or souvenirs, I can only say that you bought it, didn't you?

Jim