1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

4 million? 2 million? job, job, who's got the job?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by musclehead, Mar 9, 2012.

1. musclehead

musclehead New Member

both sides are squaring off on fights over the economy, have we lost 2 million jobs or has Obama created 4 million jobs.
    who do we believe? consider the sources, since this president has had an intangable term added to the mix "created or saved" how do you qualify or quantify that? (you'll notice Obama hasn't used "or saved" in his speeches lately, must not be polling very well)

here prove or disprove this; G.W. Bush created or saved 40,000,000 jobs.

recent headlines stated; "DOW charges over 13,000" "dow limps over 13,000" the first one was from the NY times I believe, the second was from the wall street journalg. the dow was flirting with 13,000 for a while now, so who do you believe?

the other statment from the president that makes my blood boil is the "we only have 2% of the worlds oil reserves" if we could drill....... GRRRRR
    we have an estimated 1.5 trillion barrels of oil, here! don't let them kid you, we have a limited supply but at current usage rates we have an approximate 250 year supply.

I drove through Texas the other day the local news was giving a story about the local amusement park (water park?) that teens that normally populate these temporary summer jobs are competing against folks with degrees (2 year or 4 year? didn't hear that part)

yeah, the economy is doing just fine. maybe in some parts of the country but not over all.
  2. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

If you believe anything this administration is saying, you need to brace yourself. We have one election to prevent the fall of our society. After that, pack up you firearms, your car keys, and your desire to ever live free again.
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Ya beat me to it MH.

I listen to the news on the way ta work every day. Every Thursday, they announce the 'weekly' jobless claims.

February of 2012 posted an average of 350,000 new jobless claims every week.
    350,000 x 4 = 1,400,000 folks that have lost their jobs. Simple math eh?

The monthly job 'creation' for Feb of 2012 was (from what I hear), 227,000.

The mouth pieces would like to claim that we are all bubble gum and fluffly pillows.
    Our unemployment rate is 8.5%

If ANYONE can do this kinda math and make sense of it, I'm all ears.
  4. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

As far as jobs are concerned. The "Bro" is just trying to put a spin that he and his Administration are the ones creating jobs to try and look good in the next election. Also, to take the heat off his incompetence in other areas of his Presidency. Obama is just taking a page from Bubba Clinton about "How to look like your doing a great job when you ain't."