.40 Carry

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Brass Tacks, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

Thinking of buying a inexpensive compact .40 SW carry. I've narrowed my choices to a Kahr CW40 or a Ruger SR40c. Anyone with experience with either? Must be made in USA.
  2. Airdale

Airdale Member

Have a SR9C, it's required some break in but other than that no problem. Fits the hand well.
  3. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

I do carry ether a cm9 or a cw9. I have shot a buddies cw40 and I can not control quick follow up shots nearly as well for me and are not just controlable enough. Problem is everones different and how it feels in your hand alone can make or brake a deal. I would reather have the cw45 before the 40. It to me is more controlable than the 40. But a thicker heavier pistol.
  4. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

On paper you'd think the .40S&W was the ideal sd cartridge, but when I had an XD40 I couldn't hit Rosie O'Donnel's butt @ 7 yds. But I do own a CW45 and am very satisfied with it.
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I am pretty happy with my Sig P250C. I originally bought the 9mm but then added a .40S&W Xchange kit. They both shoot great, but I am partial to the .40S&W. I never thought I would care for a DAO pistol, but the P250 is an exception.
  6. hansom

hansom Former Guest

FNP .40 , one of the best ,40 cal guns out there and they are made in Fredricksburg Virginia.

FN supplies 65% of all small arms to the US military and most of NATO.

Excellent trigger pull , same manual of arms as a SIG P series but sells for just a little over $400.