The Firearms Forum banner

.40 Carry

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  hansom 
#1 ·
Thinking of buying a inexpensive compact .40 SW carry. I've narrowed my choices to a Kahr CW40 or a Ruger SR40c. Anyone with experience with either? Must be made in USA.

#2 ·
Have a SR9C, it's required some break in but other than that no problem. Fits the hand well.

#3 ·
I do carry ether a cm9 or a cw9. I have shot a buddies cw40 and I can not control quick follow up shots nearly as well for me and are not just controlable enough. Problem is everones different and how it feels in your hand alone can make or brake a deal. I would reather have the cw45 before the 40. It to me is more controlable than the 40. But a thicker heavier pistol.

#4 ·
On paper you'd think the .40S&W was the ideal sd cartridge, but when I had an XD40 I couldn't hit Rosie O'Donnel's butt @ 7 yds. But I do own a CW45 and am very satisfied with it.

#6 ·
FNP .40 , one of the best ,40 cal guns out there and they are made in Fredricksburg Virginia.

FN supplies 65% of all small arms to the US military and most of NATO.

Excellent trigger pull , same manual of arms as a SIG P series but sells for just a little over $400.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.