40 Denny’s Locations to Impose Surcharge for ObamaCare

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by montezumaz, Nov 16, 2012.

1. montezumaz

montezumaz Former Guest

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/1...pose-surcharge-for-obamacare/?intcmp=trending

Get ready to pay more for your Grand Slam. A Florida restaurateur who operates roughly 40 Denny’s locations and five Hurricane Grill & Wings franchises in Florida, Virginia and Georgia intends to add a 5 percent surcharge to customers’ bills to offset costs from ObamaCare beginning in January 2014 when the Affordable Care Act is fully implemented. “People are trying to find ways to avoid the penalties and to avoid having to pay for ObamaCare,” John Metz told FoxNews.com. “Everyone’s looking for a way to not have to provide insurance for their employees. It’s essentially a huge tax on all us business people.” To further offset the costs, Metz, who oversees roughly 1,200 employees as president and CEO of RREMC Restaurants, LLC, said he also will slash most of the staff’s time to fewer than 30 hours per week. That change will be announced to employees next month, he said. “I want to explain it to everybody, to let them know what’s coming down the pike,” he said. “We like to keep our employees informed.” - Joshua Miller
  2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

This is the sad reality of what is to come.

Thanks Obummer.
  3. markfh

markfh New Member

Moving forward.
  4. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Atlas is just getting warmed up.
  5. markfh

markfh New Member

Who is John Galt?
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Things are going to start getting a lot worse than most realize! Denny's is not the only resturant looking at what is coming down the pike. They are all looking at less pay for employees, and less hours, due to Obozo Care. If you thought that umemployment has been high the last few years, then you need to be aware of what's coming! It won't be pretty!
  7. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Your right about that Carver. I was talking to a customer yesturday and he asked me what I thought the unemployment rate would be within the next 4 years. I said the published rate would probably be close to 15% with the actual rate being 20 to 21%. Thats Greece's rates! :eek: We are heading for an implosion.