1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

.40 S&W Sigma

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by elkhntr, Sep 19, 2003.

1. elkhntr

elkhntr New Member

Has anyone had any experience with the Sigma series pistols? I'm considering buying one. My wife wants to shoot, but she complains that all the revolvers we've looked at are too heavy.
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Elkhntr, hit the search button above and type in Sigma. Plenty of info for ya out there!
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Elkhntr.....welcome to TFF.

What revolvers have you looked at? If the S&W Airlite series are too heavy, you're not going to find much out there that's any lighter (in a decent caliber).

I'm not personally familiar with the Sigma series, but looking thru the catalog, they're all heavier than the Airlite revolvers.

Remember though....the lighter the gun, the greater the recoil.
  4. Model American

Model American New Member

Honestly, I can't imagine your wife enjoying a .40 caliber. I find the recoil difficult to manage at times and my accuracy is way off. But, with the 9mm, I have a much easier time of it. Plus, from what I hear, the polymer frame makes for a bigger recoil. And if you've shot a .40 cal., you know how much of a pain it can be. Sigma series pistols are not bad to me. I struggled with a .40 cal Glock too, so give it a try. If you find yourself worried about the quality, I know that my gun guy was offering Ruger p95's at the same price, so that may be an option for you. Hope that helps.
  5. elkhntr

elkhntr New Member

Thanks for the replies.
  6. glockmaniac

glockmaniac New Member

As my username suggests I went with a Glock.I purchased a Sigma,brought it home and thoroughly looked over it and then did some research.I decided that my purchase was not a wise one. :eek: Especially to save 100.00.I was fortunate to return the pistol back to the dealer for full credit towards a G-23,and never looked back.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2003