.40 Shotshells in a Semi-Auto?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Bopper, May 5, 2009.

1. Bopper

Bopper New Member

I have a .40 Beretta 96FS. I have read and been told some conflicting info on shotshells in semi-auto's. Someone have some first hand experience using them. Will they fire/eject/chamber as normal?
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Maybe. Depends on the gun. Some will run them, and others won't. Kinda moot, in your case, though. I'm unaware of any being made in 40 Smith.
  3. Bopper

Bopper New Member

The reviews are mixed, like you said. None of the reviewers had a Beretta. I was hoping someone who owned a Beretta 96 had some actual experience with the shotshells.

Attached Files:

4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have never fired any shot shells in my 96 but I really don't see where they would have any problems. The 96 seems to work fine with anything that I have ever fed it.
  5. jmstevens2

jmstevens2 New Member

Go to Pro Arms Podcast page, Mas Ayoob has some pics on the patterns that the Taurus Judge throws. Rifled barrels tend to "spin"the shot causing a doughnut pattern. You may not be happy with the performance.
    Last edited: May 6, 2009